Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2016, 08:58 AM
Avid

Default Re: What's up with the new Pro Tools IOS App?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
I see, they have changed this to where the new software is only available via the avid master account, and no one thought to put any kind of message advising of this in the old location. Come on guys.
Hey Robert,

When you register Pro Tools | Control, the matching EuControl installers are made available in your Avid account. This has been like this since we released the first version of the app.

Quote:
I also read the changelog. It looks like all of the feature requests we have made were a complete waste of time.
A bunch of Ideascale stuff went into this release: Square Panner on Artist Control, Channel view and Soft Keys view for Pro Tools | Control, Swapping Rec and Auto button behavior on surfaces, and more. So the effort made to voice those requests were definitely not a waste.

Quote:
It's a great start, and I'm sure a lot of work went into it. Some bugs though, such as insert effects don't show up at all (logic X)
For the first release, Channel view is only qualified with Pro Tools. So you may see some bugginess with other apps there.
Berkeley, CA
Old 05-16-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post
Hey Robert,

When you register Pro Tools | Control, the matching EuControl installers are made available in your Avid account. This has been like this since we released the first version of the app.

A bunch of Ideascale stuff went into this release: Square Panner on Artist Control, Channel view and Soft Keys view for Pro Tools | Control, Swapping Rec and Auto button behavior on surfaces, and more. So the effort made to voice those requests were definitely not a waste.

For the first release, Channel view is only qualified with Pro Tools. So you may see some bugginess with other apps there.
Thanks for the reply. I look forward to seeing linear knobs implemented soon and also the three Logic X related bugs fixed which I have posted about previously, one of which is several years old.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Hey Robert,

Hi Kyle,
good to see you're back. And I understand you've been busy as you mentioned in the closed thread. But not even a single word for months? Think about it...
Old 05-17-2016, 10:59 AM

Is there any reason to update if you're a Logic user?
Old 05-17-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yore View Post
Is there any reason to update if you're a Logic user?
I doubt it. Do you also see your plugins show up as z001 when you are adding new ones from a control surface? And blank plug-in displays?

I understand that Pro Tools is Avid's priority now, but it would really be nice if they addressed some longstanding Logic issues like those.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Hey Robert,

Hello Kyle,

is there a reason why the surround panner isn't multi-touch on the iPad?

Thanks,

Frank.