Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2004, 07:51 AM

Default sends

why arnt my sends working? i have a voice track (bass), i have a send going to an aux track with a verb on it, the send is set at bus 3 and 4. the input on the aux track is bus 3 and 4, and the insert has the verb as i said b4.

why is no signal coming through to it? i shouldnt have to output the signal to the aux track to get the verb i just want to send it.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:26 AM

Default Re: sends

make sure the send fader is pushed up, the aux return fader is pushed up, the reverb isn't bypassed, and the output of the aux return is set for analog 1-2.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:37 PM

Sorry for bringing up a topic that I'm sure you're all sick of, but I've looked through both of my books and searched back through a few years of this board and I'm still having problems setting up my sends.

I have a snare track. I set "send a" to "bus 1" and pushed the send's fader up.

I have an aux track for reverb. I set its input to "bus 1".

I double checked everything in the post above mine, but I don't get any sound coming into my aux track (the meter doesn't show anything). It seems odd, because when I bring up the snare track's send fader, I see the meter moving, so I assume it's being sent correctly.

Any ideas or help, no matter how ridiculously stupid they may seem, would be greatly appreciated. After all, I'm pretty new to PT. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:39 PM

is the send muted? there is a mute button in the little send fader window.

is anything solo'd?

is the snare track solo'd/muted?
Old 08-26-2005, 09:05 AM

No, no, and no on all 3 of those. Thanks for the help, though. I just can't figure it out. Anyone else have any suggestions?

I don't think it makes any difference, but I found this thread by searching all of the forums. I didn't realize it was the mac board until after I posted. I'm a windows guy. But that shouldn't make a difference in this case, should it?

Thanks.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:14 AM

The channel fader of the aux is up (bottom of mixer window)? Mine default to "-infinity dB".
Old 08-26-2005, 09:33 AM

Are you sure you created an aux track for the return? Sometimes people accidentally create an audio track and have this problem where everything seems to be correct, but they don't hear their effect.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:41 AM

That's what it is! Thank you! See what I was saying? Stupid. I didn't even realize there was a difference. I just thought people say aux to refer to the track's use. So, how do I go about setting one up?

Once again, thanks.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:14 AM

In the new track dialog, just choose aux track from the list instead of audio track. Good luck.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:50 AM

Thanks. I'm at work right now (don't tell my boss I'm screwing around), but I'll try it when I get home.