Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2010, 09:37 AM

Default Axiom 61 and PT LE 8.0.4 Problems

Windows 7 64bit
oo3 rack
7gb ddr3

This is a weird one. Say I have 10 tracks in a session the first 8 are coloured blue because the axiom can control these (although I dont bother with that). Now say I want to loop a section, or just select the verse or chorus of a song, so I will set my left and right locators in the appropriate place, what happens is the first 8 tracks controlled from the axiom suddenly operate as 1 track. So say I want to hide track 5 all 8 tracks will hide. If I want to delete track 2 all 8 tracks get deleted. But if I do anything else like turn track 3 up or down only that track is affected, like wise if I insert any plug ins on a track. This isnt so much of a problem with audio but I use a lot of virtual instruments and it becomes a night mare because when I select a track I expect to be able to play the instrument on that track but no I can only play the instrument from whatever track was selected when I set the loop or clicked in the locator section of the arrangement window. I get around this strange anomaly by creating an aux track that I dont use and hiding it. Then when I set a loop and all 8 tracks get stuck together I just show the empty hidden track, select it and everything goes back to normal. I then have to hide the track again and repeat the process everytime I click in the locator section at the top of the arrange window. Does anyone know anything about this or how to stop it?