Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2004, 06:45 PM

Default T-Racks question

When I use T-Racks, it only comes through my computer speaker. I can't get it to come through my external speakers. ProTools, however, comes through the externals just fine.

I was told by T-Racks to download "control panel" from Digidesign. I couldn't find anything called control panel on their website. Am I missing something?

Thank you!

ps. I've got a mac G4 and am running os 9.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:34 AM

Default Re: T-Racks question

I'm assuming you have T-Racks standalone and not the plugin.

What I've had to do is quit PT and open the sound control panel (this is in OS 9.2) and switch the outgoing sound from built-in to Digidesign. If you don't have these choices, then you have to download the control panel from Digidesign.

After making that switch, the T-racks sound is routed thru the Digi hardware ( in my case, a Digi001).

I have to say you'd probably get a better response if you described your setup in more detail.

Not all Digi hardware is the same, and some solutions are particular to that piece of equipment.

I used T-racks for a time, but found I get a more professional sound mixing and compressing and limiting "in the box," as the say.

Having said that, check this out:

http://www.digidesign.com/download/sndrvr/

Hope this helps!

-Rufman
Old 11-20-2004, 12:39 PM

That's EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you! Unfortunately, however, I downloaded that control panel and I still can't get T-racks to go through my external speakers. I've got the 001 system going through os 9.2.

Help!

Thank you so much.

Kristian
Old 11-20-2004, 12:39 PM

ps. yes, i have the stand alone, not the plug-in.
Old 11-20-2004, 02:32 PM

Okay.

What exactly have you done?

Did you install the Digidesign control panel and restart?

Did you quit ProTools and open the "Sound" control panel?

Do you have the option to switch output to Digidesign in that control panel?

IMHO, you need to be much more exacting with your problem if you want help. I/We can only guess what you've done and what you haven't done.

So give us the full detailed scoop if you need further assistance.

Be thorough, mon, be thorough.

-Rufman
Old 11-20-2004, 07:04 PM

ok, thorough it is!

i downloaded and installed the digidesign control panel and then restarted the computer. i then opened t-racks and played some music. it was coming through my computer speaker. i then opened the digidesign control panel and switched from "internal" to "optical." music still came through the computer speaker. i then switched from "optical" to "s/pdif (rca)". music still came through the computer speaker. those were the only three options on the digidesign control panel. i then tried going into my apple sound control panel. there is only one option there under output: internal. i tried to click on the speaker tab but is not highlighted and i can't. does this make any sense?

i really appreciate your help!
Old 11-21-2004, 07:53 PM

I'm not sure why the Digidesign option is not showing up in the Apple Sound control panel under "Output." This may be a question for Digidesign support.

When you installed the PT software, it should have inserted the digidesign option. The speaker option on mine is grayed out also.

What version of PT are you running, anyway?
I'm running PT 5.1.1, and the Digi option for "output" is there.

Also, if you're not using outboard converters, the sync should be set to "internal" in the setting up hardware box.

-Rufman
Old 11-21-2004, 11:12 PM

Yeah, it's really weird. I've got an email into Digidesign support asking about it. The bizarre thing is that ProTools does come through my external speakers. But the Apple Sound control panel has nothing under "output" except "built in."

I'm also running 5.1.1.

Yes, I'm on "internal" in the setup hardware box.

Is there a freaking ghost in my machine or what?

I really appreaciate your help!

Kristian