Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 04-15-2011, 01:18 PM

Default Do I need the "Transfer Ownership Audio" form to sell my Eleven Rack?

Question...this isn't a lame attempt to spam a 4 sale thing.
I have PTHD 9...license is on an iLok right? Okay so Eleven Rack came with PT8, I don't know if I still have the disc...is there a license on the iLok for it. i just don't remember. I lent it to a friend to try and he couldn't get the GUI to show up...I know there's some extra Eleven Plugs that I had to install when I first bought it with 8.

I dunno...does any of this make sense? If i sell it, is the buyer on their own to come up with PT8...it should be included with the rack, right? How do I that.

Thanks!
Old 04-15-2011, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Do I need the "Transfer Ownership Audio" form to sell my Eleven Rack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmost View Post
Question...this isn't a lame attempt to spam a 4 sale thing.
I have PTHD 9...license is on an iLok right? Okay so Eleven Rack came with PT8, I don't know if I still have the disc...is there a license on the iLok for it. i just don't remember. I lent it to a friend to try and he couldn't get the GUI to show up...I know there's some extra Eleven Plugs that I had to install when I first bought it with 8.

I dunno...does any of this make sense? If i sell it, is the buyer on their own to come up with PT8...it should be included with the rack, right? How do I that.

Thanks!
The Eleven Rack should come with PT LE 8.0.1 or higher. If you have registered it, and the PT that came with it, you should have PT LE8 downloads in your Avid Account. You can use the transfer of ownership, so the buyer will have access to those downloads.

Legally, PT LE8.x is tied to the interface.

Also if you have not used the Eleven Rack to Crossgrade to PT9 for $249, make sure to let the buyer know, the same applies if you have used the serial number to crossgrade to PT9 for $249, let the buyer know.

Do you "have" to use the Transfer Of Ownership? No. No one came MAKE you use a form to sell a product. But you should use it, so the buyer has access to the latest PT8 LE.

PT8 LE license is NOT on an iLok. PT LE is auth'ed by the Digidesign LE interface.

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=363631

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 04-15-2011, 03:04 PM

Default Re: Do I need the "Transfer Ownership Audio" form to sell my Eleven Rack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
The Eleven Rack should come with PT LE 8.0.1 or higher. If you have registered it, and the PT that came with it, you should have PT LE8 downloads in your Avid Account. You can use the transfer of ownership, so the buyer will have access to those downloads.

Legally, PT LE8.x is tied to the interface.

Also if you have not used the Eleven Rack to Crossgrade to PT9 for $249, make sure to let the buyer know, the same applies if you have used the serial number to crossgrade to PT9 for $249, let the buyer know.

Do you "have" to use the Transfer Of Ownership? No. No one came MAKE you use a form to sell a product. But you should use it, so the buyer has access to the latest PT8 LE.

PT8 LE license is NOT on an iLok. PT LE is auth'ed by the Digidesign LE interface.

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=363631

Okay...thanks so much for that. Appreciate it. I used my HD Serial number to upgrade to PT9 HD. If the buyer already has PT8 LE,. they're good to go as far as getting Eleven to work as their interface...no?
Old 04-15-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmost View Post
Okay...thanks so much for that. Appreciate it. I used my HD Serial number to upgrade to PT9 HD. If the buyer already has PT8 LE,. they're good to go as far as getting Eleven to work as their interface...no?
as long as its PT8.0.1, you need 8.0.1 for the GUI of the Eleven Rack in Pro Tools. Also they should be using at least 8.0.3cs2, preferably LE 8.0.5 or 9.0.2

if they OWN PT8 and it is registered in their Avid account, then they would already have access to the latest PT8 LE downloads.

If they want to upgrade the Eleven Rack with the ERXP, then they need to have PT LE 8.0.5 or PT 9.0.2 to get the updated Eleven Rack Window in Pro Tools.

And again, legally, the PT license that came with the Eleven Rack would be the property of the Eleven Rack's owner.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 04-15-2011, 05:53 PM

Got it...thanks much again.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:07 AM

Also by giving the buyer a valid transfer of ownership form they will be eligible for any future Avid hardware exchange programs.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88