Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2018, 09:59 PM

Default Structure 2 and truncated notes

I just yesterday purchased/downloaded/installed Structure 2.0.5 (Mac) and am trying to use it with PT 12.8.0 on macOS 12.13.1.

I'm getting that "truncated notes" problem I've seen mentioned around here. I had run into that with Structure Free a while ago, but I thought it was long since fixed. I'm surprised to see it with the latest & greatest software.

Help! Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.
- Eric
Old 01-05-2018, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Structure 2 and truncated notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericday View Post
.... I'm getting that "truncated notes" problem ....
Welcome to the DUC!

First, download the AIR Structure 2.0 - User Guide from the right-hand column on this page (Documents):
http://www.airmusictech.com/product/...2#.Wk883Xn05EY
You've some big downloads ahead – so have a read while you wait for it all.

Forget Structure 2.0.5 – instead, download the Structure 2.0.7 Full Installer from this page:
http://www.airmusictech.com/retail/redeem
This is the Full Installer - not the Updater.

Scroll down to Samplers:
Structure
Click on the gold-writing: MAC PART 1 – provide your Email address, type your Confirmation Code in the adjacent box, then click on “Get The Download Link”

Download all 4 Structure MAC PARTS - and the OSX 10.12+ SUPPORT FILE to your Desktop.

Download them one-at-a-time (not all together at the same time).

You must remove Structure Free (which comes bundled with Pro Tools), before you install the Full version of Structure, as they can't co-exist in Pro Tools (it's either one, or the other, but not both) - and remove Structure Free's Presets before installing Structure. See this page:
Structure has no effects in Mac OSX
https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare...fects-mac-osx/
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!

Last edited by unkJE; 01-05-2018 at 01:29 AM. Reason: uninstall Structure Free's Presets before installing Structure
Old 01-08-2018, 04:25 PM

Thanks for the info, unkJE. Unfortunately, I have not been able to solve the problem and I'm at my wit's end.

I trashed everything on my system having to do with Structure (Free or otherwise), downloaded and installed 2.0.7, and the problem persists. At one point, Structure detected that "new content has been installed", and went about updating its database, but that process went on for over 12 hours before I cancelled it - and it made no difference. All patches only play an initial blip of audio.

Anyone have any other thoughts? I saw a 2.0.10 update installer: is there any reason to think that may contain a fix?

Thanks!
- Eric
Old 01-08-2018, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericday View Post
.... I saw a 2.0.10 update installer: is there any reason to think that may contain a fix?
Hey Eric

My bad! Sincere apologies for wasting your time. Sorry about the dud steer, my Windows-only brain has obviously got tunnel vision ….

You're right:
click on the gold title:
Structure 2.0.10 Update for Mac

from this page:
http://www.airmusictech.com/product/structure-2#updates

Please let us know how you go – this update is the fix for Mac.

(I'll just go and stand in the corner and punch myself in the head!)

As this is an update, keep 2.0.7 installed and install 2.0.10 on top of it.
(I don't feel so bad now I realize your initial download was not in vain!)

Structure 2.0.10 Update for Mac

​Enhanced OS X 10.12 support.
General performance improvements.
Cut off sample playback in OS X 10.12.
Missing samples in Sonar Pro.
Broken Sample fade in/out in ProTools.
Play Page: Alt+click on range does not reset range fade.
Play Page: Setup - alt+click sets different values then value on load.
Edit Page: Dragging Samples from the browser into the mapping editor doesn't select the dragged samples.
Mapping Editor: Zone does not show sample name.
It is not possible to dismiss Structure dialogs via the Return/ Enter or Esc keys.
Effect UI: Stereo Surround Panner - Setting Front/Rear to +100 does not position the yellow dot x/y control fully at the upper border.
Browser: Preview Listen - Dragging a wave file to the patch slot should stop preview listen.
Info bar has grammar error when missing audio file.
Wrong tooltip in control assignment section.
Right-click does not select zone.
Odd behavior of selection buttons.
Mapping Editor: A new created empty folder displays previously selected, Zone.
Mapping Editor: Zooming with mouse wheel over zones.
"Empty Patch" message is not displayed when 2 empty patches are loaded.
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!

Last edited by unkJE; 01-08-2018 at 05:09 PM. Reason: keep 2.0.7 installed and install 2.0.10 on top of it
Old 01-08-2018, 05:04 PM

Ah - wonderful! 2.0.10 works perfectly. Thanks for your help, unkJE. :)
Old 01-08-2018, 05:39 PM

Fantastic!

That's proof that perseverance wins!