Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2012, 08:16 PM

Unhappy I/O and Plug-Ins missing

I just recently got a new Eleven Rack with PT10 and I'm having a very similar or maybe the same problem. This is on Snow Leopard 10.6.8 64-bit. I had PT8 installed then installed PT10 over that. When the problem appeared, I tried completely uninstalling and cleaning up any folders with "Avid" and "Digidesign" in the names then reinstalling. The start-up process seemed to take quite a bit longer this time, but I still can't wire up plugins. I create a new stereo instrument track and the audio input path selector reads "no input". I click it and interface and bus are both clickable, but plug-in is greyed out.

I do have plug-ins available in the AudioSuite menu and can actually apply these to a sound clip from there. I can apply plug-ins as channel inserts, so, e.g., on insert selector A, I can do multichannel plug-in->Modulation->AIR Phaser and that works as well.

The main issue is that I can't insert plug-ins as instruments on the audio input path selector. I'm not sure if this is the same as the other folks on this thread, but it seems very similar. This is a problem for me since I'm trying to run Strike for rhythm tracks, and in PT8 I'd insert it as an instrument.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:21 PM

Default Re: PT 10 - Can't insert any plug-ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankyq View Post
I just recently got a new Eleven Rack with PT10 and I'm having a very similar or maybe the same problem...
Never mind. After further review, I was just doing it wrong
Old 01-07-2012, 03:56 AM

Default Re: PT 10 - Can't insert any plug-ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankyq View Post
Never mind. After further review, I was just doing it wrong
Hey spanky,

So you fixed this problem? What did you do? Maybe we could fix this also.

Thanks,

Potte