Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2002, 12:49 AM

Default Paint Quality on Control/24

Does anyone know if this is a problem that has been fixed. I remember reading the first batches of the Control /24 having these problems.Are they corrected know?
Old 01-21-2002, 07:21 AM

Default Re: Paint Quality on Control/24

I had the problem with my previous unit and Digi replaced it for me. I received the new unit in mid-Dec and so far no problems. My paint problem was noticeable after 2 weeks of use, so I think it's been solved but can't say for sure yet.

The only thing about the new unit is that when I turn off the C24, some of the faders "jump" up from -infinity. Just an annoying little thing that my old unit didn't do.

But other than that...the C24 rocks.
Old 01-23-2002, 08:57 AM

I got the same problem! I bought my unit outside of US/Canada. According to my dealer here..digidesign refuse to pay for the shipping. The total shipping price is about 3000USD(according to my local dealer). My local is asking me to spare this money. Friends..you think this is fair? There's no free phone line to call from overseas..sigh..
Old 01-23-2002, 03:59 PM

Digitalvox that's insane. You bought a product and it should work. They acknoleged there is a problem. They should pay for shipping. Stick to your guns on this one!!! Another thing they could possibly do is if there is a repair center in what ever country you bought it in and maybe they can fix it there. That's what they did for me in Australia.
Good luck!
Old 01-24-2002, 07:10 AM

Hi Lance,

What was your turn around for the Control24 getting the new top to it and update to teh monitor section. I have been putting it off as they said 5 days turn around. If it goes past a week , well I am real stuffed for session tracking on the weekend. I have 10 outboard pres not enough for a full band. And it is it is a real pain in the backside. You guys in the USA are lucky to get one Shipped to your door for change over.
Old 01-24-2002, 03:19 PM

Davemc, my turn around was three days and that's in Australia.
Old 01-24-2002, 11:02 PM

Thanks Lance, Yep i am in Melbourne, so I just have to find three-four free days. I have my RA number.
Just hard as I put all my talkback etc through it so overdubbing will be a pain, let alone mxiing. Oh well. Might do it the week I get the new HD3 as I will have to hold off clients for a week to see if it crashes.