Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2014, 09:34 AM

Default EQ Frequency Questions?

Hi All

Thank you for the great help I've received here in the past!

I have a question I was hoping you could help me with:

I recorded a live vocal / acoustic guitar track, using one mic. I spent a lot of time getting the EQ right, so the acoustic isn't too boomy, yet the vocals still sound warm enough. I did a low pass filter to cut the boom, added some air on top, etc. I'm pretty happy with the sound.

It seems when I turn up the bass level on my car stereo (just a stock system, nothing special) the track warms up a bit more, without adding any boom.

Could you suggest what EQ frequency I can tweak to the track to replicate what I'm hearing in the car? My thinking is I can go back in the session and tweak the track so I can keep my EQ in the car normal/flat but still have that bit of warmth added.

Also, is there a Pro Tools pre-set EQ for a low bass synth track anyone recommend? Again, I seem to be having frequency issues. I'm just not hearing that nice low bass sound / frequency on playback. It doesn't seem to be a volume issue, I can hear the bass track playing, I'm just not getting the right frequency / sound on playback.

Thank you for any suggestions!
Old 05-01-2014, 10:47 AM

Default Re: EQ Frequency Questions?

Seems like your car audio has loudness active, try to turn it off... If so, you cannot replicate a similar behavior on your DAW