Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2011, 08:15 AM

Default Re: "Some regions had invalid bounds and were adjusted or deleted"

At the risk of sounding redundant, my 8.1 system works perfectly crash free 10 hours a day, 6 days a week. I have never lost any audio. The issue with RTAS and VI's is a real problem but this "missing regions" error message is not.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:22 AM

PT 9.0.1 fixes this problem.

SADLY - there is NO release (AFAIK) for PT8.

I think AVID lost world wide respect from their old users by NOT fixing the PT8 bugs and porting ALL OF THEM into PT 9....

THe "Missing Regions" is however in ALL my cases NOT something that deletes anything that should not have been deleted anyway. It had to do with files being kept that WERE actually discarded by the user. So what PT did was to keep files which YOU had discarded although it shouldn't. That is why you go the discomforting error/dialog when opening the session again after saving.

AVID are idiots... Hmmm... I dont know about that. I am not aware of any idiots being able to program a GREAT software. Yes there have been made decisions regarding PT that makes me wanna call Armageddon upon decision makers. But the decision is THEIRS' to make. You and I are simply the ones who with our wallets CAN let THEM know that their decision was WRONG....

Calling them ugly and insulting names will only make your post disappear and then you would have WASTED all the time you put into writing it. And THAT is IDIOTIC... Wasting time I mean...

I understand your gripe but try being civil about it

Last edited by DigiTechSupt; 01-25-2011 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Removed quote reference to post deleted due to violation of DUC TOS
Old 01-22-2011, 12:02 PM

Kerry, your post is nicely typed for the most part, thank you for that. It has capital letters where they should be, not many misspellings, and even though you use "U" and "ur" throughout, it works. Only criticism I have is your use of "idiot" a dozen times. You may want to try varying that a bit with words like "moron", "fool", or find your own unique way of describing the stupidity you see in others. Good job.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Quiet Art Ltd.

Just hit this message today followed by unexpected quits, and hard crashes upon re-launch. Mac Pro PT 8.0.4 HD3 Leopard.

The session that worked yesterday wouldn't open today, 2 minutes before clients roll in.

System is mint, fresh install of OS and PT. Been working like a dream so far.

Also got a DAE error -1122 at launch. (usually a hardware thing)
Fixed it by turning off computer, interfaces, trashing Waveform cache, DAE prefs and restarting.

The session opened but gave the same error.
Cross the fingers that it's a one off.

WaveRider + Defaulter (now with LKFS)
QuietArt.co.nz

Catchin' SYNC app
Old 02-03-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
If you look at the full path name - are the audio files in the location where Pro Tools is expecting to see them?

Can anyone provide any more details that may help us narrow down the cause? Were these sessions created in a previous version? Can you reproduce this in a new session? Has anyone actually seen a file go missing, or does the message seem to be a red herring and nothing is actually going wrong?

Any detail you can provide would help us immensely in tracking down the problem.
I have many of them just recently on songs that I have been working on for many months (on Win 7 PC 8.0.4.cs3 LE) The audio files are still there and nothing is missing.

This is what they look like:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Notes--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Regions were adjusted or deleted in the following places:

The following regions not referenced elsewhere:
Audio 1_01.L (Audio) - Deleted
Audio 1_01.R (Audio) - Deleted

So I ignore them now. The files (for me) are always there and have not changed (unless its chopping off the last millisecond or something like that)

I know its not HD or the MAC but I thought I would show - your not alone on this one -

Themaltake Spedo Advance, Win 7 32bit Pro, ASUS EVO, I-7 860, 3 WD Blacks, Kingston HyperX KHX2000, ASUS EAH4350 Silent, Pro Tools LE 8.0.4cs2 and now PT 10 on Win 7 64bit, I-7 and I-3

Last edited by 720hours World Record; 02-03-2011 at 07:24 PM. Reason: added
Old 03-21-2011, 01:38 AM

Had the " some regions" error again today,
but this time ALL tracks and regions are gone ... empty session !!!
PLEASE fix this bug in PT 8

HD1, PT 8.1.1 , OSX 10.6.6 , MacPro 2,66
Old 03-21-2011, 03:44 AM

I have the same issue here. I'm running version 8.0.4., and control/cmd Z doesn't remove the track from the region list; it only removes it from the edit window. This issue is severely annoying, and places a damper on my work-flow. I receive the annoying message "Some regions had invalid bounds, and were adjusted" upon opening a session daily. When will this be fixed? I've noticed this has been an ongoing issue for months!
Old 03-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low View Post
Had the " some regions" error again today,
but this time ALL tracks and regions are gone ... empty session !!!
PLEASE fix this bug in PT 8

HD1, PT 8.1.1 , OSX 10.6.6 , MacPro 2,66
Can you tell me exactly what you did from beginning to end, when you received the error and the regions were missing?

I think this is an exception and there's something else happening outside the scope of this issue.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardove04 View Post
I have the same issue here. I'm running version 8.0.4., and control/cmd Z doesn't remove the track from the region list; it only removes it from the edit window. This issue is severely annoying, and places a damper on my work-flow. I receive the annoying message "Some regions had invalid bounds, and were adjusted" upon opening a session daily. When will this be fixed? I've noticed this has been an ongoing issue for months!
The 8.0.5, 8.1.1 and 9.0.2 releases fix this issue - the incorrect error message about some regions had invalid bounds...
Old 03-21-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Can you tell me exactly what you did from beginning to end, when you received the error and the regions were missing?

I think this is an exception and there's something else happening outside the scope of this issue.
Nothing special,
just opened a session i´ve worked on yesterday
the error message pops up , hit no
and all tracks and regions are gone

i´ve been thru all the common trouble shooting tipps
my plugs should be up to date