Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2007, 12:38 PM

Default DUC drops the ball yet again ... BOO!

OK, I've listened to all of you "experts" tell me I need to use this Sandra program (via the post, "General Troubleshooting - Pro Tools 6 & 7 Win XP").

WELL, IT DOES NOT WORK.

THERE IS NO WEBSITE.

I clicked on YOUR link on the troubleshooting page and it says this:

"Error 404 - Not found
Your browser can't find the document corresponding to the URL you typed in."

I tried it in both Mozilla and Internet Explorer.

I waited 15 minutes trying it occasionally to see if something was wrong with my computer. Yet, every single other web site I visited works.

I am so sick of all of this bull. My band and I spent way too much money on this software and hardware to be jerked around by you "experts," who can't even direct me to a page that works.

Why can't someone tell me how I'm supposed to make this infamous "Sandra" program appear out of thin air?

All you people ever say is "look at the troubleshooting guide" and "use the Sandra program" ....

WHEN IT DOESN'T EVEN WORK!

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW AGGRAVATING THIS IS!
Old 03-02-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Re: DUC drops the ball yet again ... BOO!

So, you're blaming Digidesign, and all the rest of the users here because www.sisoftware.com is down?

We don't have any control over that my friend. I know you are frustrated, but seriously how the [bleep] are we supposed to control that?

Here's an alternate link for you: http://www.sisoftware.co.uk/

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 03-02-2007, 12:46 PM

Quote:
OK, I've listened to all of you "experts" tell me I need to use this Sandra program (via the post, "General Troubleshooting - Pro Tools 6 & 7 Win XP").

WELL, IT DOES NOT WORK.

THERE IS NO WEBSITE.

I clicked on YOUR link on the troubleshooting page and it says this:

"Error 404 - Not found
Your browser can't find the document corresponding to the URL you typed in."

I tried it in both Mozilla and Internet Explorer.

I waited 15 minutes trying it occasionally to see if something was wrong with my computer. Yet, every single other web site I visited works.

I am so sick of all of this bull. My band and I spent way too much money on this software and hardware to be jerked around by you "experts," who can't even direct me to a page that works.

Why can't someone tell me how I'm supposed to make this infamous "Sandra" program appear out of thin air?

All you people ever say is "look at the troubleshooting guide" and "use the Sandra program" ....

WHEN IT DOESN'T EVEN WORK!

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW AGGRAVATING THIS IS!
Try plugging in your network cable.....

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 03-02-2007, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Try plugging in your network cable.....
No, he's right, the SiSoftware site is down currently.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 03-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Avid

I've updated the General Troubleshooting threads to go directly to their UK site, as it looks like the U.S. registered site may not come back...
Old 03-02-2007, 01:20 PM

Thank you, spkguitar. I really appreciate you giving me that working link.

But, yes, I am blaming Digidesign and the DUC. "Use Sandra" is your answer to every question.

If Sandra can't even keep their web site running, then how can you experts depend on them?

Also, if I had purchased, for example, a $50 piece of software, I wouldn't expect top-of-the-line customer service.

But when I'm broke, and in a band that has had to delay its album recording now for a month after spending more than $1,300 of money we don't have for a bunch of crap that doesn't work, I EXPECT SOME [BLEEPING] CUSTOMER SERVICE!

And when you completely fail to provide it, I have a right to make my feelings known.

... You know, how do you think it feels when I'm two minutes into a perfect drum track, and your crappy software buffers out on me? It rips my [bleeping] heart out ... And I PAID for this!

Again, thank you for the link. I do appreciate that sincerely.

But don't think I'm at fault -- you are the ones deflecting all of your customer service inquiries onto some other web site that can't even stay online.

And DigiTechSupt, thank you for fixing the troubleshooting page.

However, I urge you to consider how smart it is to continue staking your reputation on the reliability of SiSoftware.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Avid

This is the first time I've seen that site be down (and it's only their .com site, not the actual, official site) in the almost 5 years I've been working here, so I think it's pretty safe to assume they'll be around for awhile. Sandra is a well developed and robust application and it would take a considerable amount of engineering to even get close to creating something similar.

As for the 'bunch of crap' that isn't working - let's reserve judgement for that until after we diagnose where the actual problem lies and, to do that, we'll need to know more information about your system. Pro Tools has specific system requirements, as well as possible configuration needs, to run smoothly on your system - until those requirements are met, you may run into problems.

I understand your frustration - and you can feel free to vent, but venting does not draw us any closer to a resolution. The sooner we can get the necessary information to properly troubleshoot, the sooner you'll be able to get back to using Pro Tools.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Seems to be online now...
www.sisoftware.com
Old 03-02-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Thank you

Quote:
The sooner we can get the necessary information to properly troubleshoot, the sooner you'll be able to get back to using Pro Tools.
Right now, that is the only thing I want in this entire world, honestly. We just want to record the music on which we've worked so hard.

Thank you for your patience. It must the most horrible of coincidences that the first time this site goes down in five years is when I absolutely need to use it for the first time.

You are an admirably more patient person than I.

I have downloaded Sandra and will attempt to bring it to our PT computer to get the information I need, then bring it back to the internet to present it.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:46 PM

I don't see how anyone is jerking you around. I certainly understand your frustration but the folks in the DUC are not paid Digi employees. They're folks that are using PT in the field or at home and are sharing their knowledge. Sometimes the only way to fully understand why PT isn't working is to see exactly what you're running it through and how you have it configured. No "expert" will be able to identify your problem until he/she has the facts. SiSandra is a great tool for compiling your specs and presenting them in away that is understandable so that someone can help you. And, you might not get an immediate response. That's the way it goes around here. Folks are busy with thier own stuff and that's that. Digi actually responded to your obnoxious post - pardon me but it really was pretty obnoxious. Chill out and be nicer to people. Maybe you'll get the help you're looking for. I'd be utterly lost without the DUC. PT is finicky and that's the harsh reality. But it's a great program and worth all the futzing around. Be well.

Dave