Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2020, 03:10 AM

Default New Product Releases - Please post here!

Might make sense to have a thread dedicated to new products so here goes!

A meticulous model of the Chandler Limited® Germanium Compressor that performs just like the hardware
An epic mojo machine: feels almost like a musical instrument, adding color & character to everything
Plug-in exclusive features: M/S processing, external sidechain, and more

https://www.softube.com/germanium-compressor#/

Stephen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1200px-product-germanium-compressor.jpg (37.0 KB, 0 views)

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6

Last edited by Stephen Bond; 04-08-2020 at 03:03 AM.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:02 AM

Default Re: New Product Releases - Please post here!

Solid State Logic 9000 J – The Sound of Hip Hop & Pop
Approved by SSL & injected with TMT (BX's patented Tolerance Modeling Technology). With the much improved bandwidth and low-end of the 9k, you can now create fuller, cleaner, deeper, stronger, and more shiny mixes than ever. Think Coldplay, Madonna, Jay-Z, DMX, Nas, and many more! The perfect evolution for the Brainworx SSL series - and a world's first for your DAW. bx_console SSL 9000 J - Out Now!

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/p...sl_9000_j.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PA_4xScreenshot_SSL9000J_action_toolbar_pa.jpg (66.4 KB, 0 views)

Old 04-08-2020, 11:41 AM

The historic EMI/Abbey Road sound from the late 60s realized by Chandler Limited®’s hardware and reimagined for a modern studio context
This collection includes four plug-ins: Zener-Bender, Zener Limiter, Curve Bender and Zener-Bender for Console 1
Units used on modern classic records by Beyoncé, The White Stripes, and Lady Gaga
PLUG-IN COLLECTION / CHANNEL STRIP
Chandler Limited® Zener-Bender
€549

A powerful and musical modern plug-in channel strip with the unique vintage sound of Chandler Limited®, the Zener-Bender combines the crisp and colorful character of the Curve Bender Mastering Equalizer with the big, punchy Zener Limiter to bring class, history, and most crucially of all, a phenomenal sonic impact. Component-modeled with Softube’s customary care and experience, these units together can take charge of any mix.

https://www.softube.com/products/zener-bender#/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1200px-product-zener-bender.jpg (46.0 KB, 0 views)

Old 04-08-2020, 12:06 PM

Sorry but Softube are insane! 550 Euro ~ 600 USD for a CS that is still a Plugin hahahahahahahahaha COME ON!

And YES HW used on BeyBey and White Stripes and a Gazillion others but NOT the digitalized plugins they think they can charge such a Stuuuupid Price for! Im ashamed to be kn the same postcode as Softube!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-08-2020, 04:55 PM

To be fair you get four plugins "This collection includes four plug-ins: Zener-Bender, Zener Limiter, Curve Bender and Zener-Bender for Console 1".

However, Softube are pretty expensive. Someone must be buying their stuff but it generally isn't me.

Stephen

Old 04-08-2020, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bond View Post
To be fair you get four plugins "This collection includes four plug-ins: Zener-Bender, Zener Limiter, Curve Bender and Zener-Bender for Console 1".

However, Softube are pretty expensive. Someone must be buying their stuff but it generally isn't me.

Stephen
Agree they are good stuff but I know that Softube are strugglinc abit part due ro corona delivery of the fader units and due to bad hardware sales of the fader units. The fader units are soooo Fugly its hard to take it seriously.

We have the console 1 mk2 and thats ugly as hell too and now another grey box with plastic WHITE faders that makes it look home made ...

I mean even the demo looks sheeet! The middle screws on Console and Fader units dont even line up! I mean WTF were they thinking 🤔
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 4066A696-167B-4282-BE2C-D273EE7DB645.jpeg (58.4 KB, 0 views)

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-08-2020, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Softube are pretty expensive. Someone must be buying their stuff but it generally isn't me.
I like my Softube plugins but don't think I ever payed 'Full Price' for any of them. I got in to their 'Eco System' with a couple of freebies -or bundled software?- once you're in you're likely to be eligible for 'loyalty discounts' at some point.

Same thing with SoundToys and PIA/BrainWorx.

Generally it's good strategy to just hold off and wait for some sort of sale. I always remind myself; "I like this, I want this, but I don't really need it. I'll wait."

T

At work; 2013 27" iMac/i5/2.9GHz/8GB, OSX 10.8.5, PT 10.3.6

At home; Custom Made Mac (Hackintosh) i7 (3770 "Ivy Bridge")/3.4GHz/32GB@2400MHz, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB System Drive, Samsung SSD 750 EVO 250GB Audio Drive, OSX 10.10.5, PT 12.8.1
Old 04-09-2020, 02:54 AM

Love them or hate them, Waves started a price war several years ago which has been beneficial to every plugin buyer. Plugins used to cost hundreds back in the TDM and even RTAS days. These days quality plugins start at around $29 because of what Waves did. Now I don't think Waves intention was to kill off the competition. It was just they saw the way the market was going i.e. an exponential growth of supply and demand and the price had to drop accordingly.

On the plus side, many people who previously used cracks decided that they could afford to buy the real thing, swelling demand even further. Additionally, the ranks of hobbyist and semi pro users came with their $$$ to the party. I was pretty shocked to see that Dirk from Plugin Alliance stated over 1 million voucher codes went out the other month! No wonder he decided to open the flood gates and allow sharing of the codes in the FaceBook group. Of course not all codes are used but do the maths, that's a tidy some of revenue for a company which is clearly growing from strength to strength.

Softube would do well to consider their prices. They have some great plugins but I rarely buy them due to cost as do many others. Slate are in a similar position on purchase cost but different due to Slate's hard sell on subscriptions. Call me old school but I am not paying for the same product over and over. This is not Netflix Mr. Slate. I do not watch the same film over and over but I do user the same products week in, week out. Also, I don't want all the products! I generally demo everything before purchase and as much as love Plugin Alliance, some of the products are not for me. I'm sure the same would go fro pretty much every other manufacturer.

So Mr. is right. Wait for the right price. It's a buyer's market.

Stephen

Old 04-09-2020, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Solid State Logic 9000 J – The Sound of Hip Hop & Pop
Approved by SSL & injected with TMT (BX's patented Tolerance Modeling Technology). With the much improved bandwidth and low-end of the 9k, you can now create fuller, cleaner, deeper, stronger, and more shiny mixes than ever. Think Coldplay, Madonna, Jay-Z, DMX, Nas, and many more! The perfect evolution for the Brainworx SSL series - and a world's first for your DAW. bx_console SSL 9000 J - Out Now!

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/p...sl_9000_j.html
Be very aware with this one. If you've purchased from Plugin Alliance you should have gotten an email with a code to use for a cheaper price. And that price while cheaper is still extravagant. However login to your PA account and go to the product page where you may find that you're eligible for a lesser price. For instance I could by this for $149 US. Generally when you see something like this it's because you already own another PA plugin that a qualifier. You should be able to find that if you look at the 'manage my registered plugins' page.

For me it shows because I own the Focusrite channel strip from them I'm eligible for the J at $179US. I don't know why the product page says $149 but if I were to buy it I'll take it (I do own like 67 PA plugins already). Don't know if I will purchase it yet as money has gotten tight right now with this covid-19 junque. But that's another thing altogether.

QAPLA!

Last edited by musicman691; 04-09-2020 at 05:54 AM.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:40 AM

Maybe even UAD are starting to get the message.

50% off all plugins for a month is unprecedented?

https://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/all-plugins.html

Stephen