Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2013, 08:11 AM

Default Editing Issues since 2010 - Switching DAWs

Hi Guys, Here's my system details….

Laptop - Mac Book Pro 2.0GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 ..8GB RAM.
DAW - Pro Tools 9 M-Powered
Interface - M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8r

I have been having the following editing issues with Pro Tools M-Powered 9 for a long time now and it is extremely frustrating, seriously disrupting, and more or less destroys my work flow and makes editing in PT slow and ridiculously limited. I have posted on this issue several times in the hopes of finding a solution and holding out hope that someone in Avid would come to my rescue but so far nothing. Therefore, this is my last attempt. If I can't fix this I am switching to LOGIC PRO X this week!

Ok. Firstly the MIDI editing problem…. After recording Midi data, I QUANTIZE the performance.. The notes appear to shift their position correctly and lock to the grid as desired…However, when I zoom in the maximum amount the midi notes are in fact minutely off the grid (ie. fractionally too early or too late)… This is only visible when zoomed in fully and not detectable by ear, however it wreaks havoc within my projects when editing, moving, duplicating, copying midi regions… e.g. notes get left, incorrectly erased etc when moving regions, copying them etc. Also just in case anyone is wondering I do have GRID mode ON while doing all my editing……

Secondly, the AUDIO editing problem…. This is strikingly similar to the Midi problem I describe above…. Basically, audio regions become fractionally longer or shorter when copied and pasted or duplicated. Again this is also only visible when zoomed in fully, but does also (like the Midi issue above) causes serious problems i.e. regions overlapping with other regions when duplicated etc etc.. Once again GRID mode is always used and this problem still occurs.

Thirdly, and again in relation to editing (also I feel this is somehow tied to both the above issues)… The "Region Groups" function does not work correctly… When I create a region group and try to move it, duplicate it etc several regions (that are apparently in the group) get left behind when I copy or move the region…

So, bear in mind that I have been trying to solve these issues and have been seeking help for them since early 2010!!, I have done fresh installs and kept up with the latest software versions/drivers etc (of PT and my OS), searched the forums, posted, tried suggestions, scanned the manuals etc and have found no solution yet…

All these issues cause serious serious headaches when editing and arranging, and as I have not yet found a solution to them and have not had any explanations or suggestions from Avid I will definitely switch to Logic Pro X and NOT upgrade to PT11…THIS WEEK... unless I can fix these issues very very soon…
Old 09-07-2013, 08:26 AM

Default Re: Editing Issues since 2010 - Switching DAWs

This is the fourth forum I've seen this posting. Please pick one and delete all others.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Editing Issues since 2010 - Switching DAWs

How do I delete post??? When I click Edit/Delete Post it does not give me option to delete