Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 07:51 AM

Default Protools TDM files to Powerbook Digital Performer

I Wanted to do some mixing of files while on the road. Copied several tracks from the studio into the laptop.

Using Digital Performer, I imported the files easily into its default folder. It will show up in the Soundbites Editer OK ..
However, I can't finde a way to get the files to the mixing editor or sequencer tracks. I can't use the Mixer faders until there are files in the tracks to mix. I give. The help files say what to do once they are there ... but not how to get them there ...at least I can't find that info.

This is the only question i will ask about Digital Performer on this web site ( Well I almost promise )

Jon
Thanks for anything...
Old 10-04-2005, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Protools TDM files to Powerbook Digital Performer

I use DP 4.6 on my Powerbook and Pro Tools HD at work. They both have their place. If you have files in the Soundbites window, you just drag them to an audio track in the tracks window. When you click on them in the Soundbites window, the cursor should turn into a hand, and then you can just place the file on whatever track you like. You will of course have to have an appropriate (ie: mono or stereo) audio track in the tracks window available to drag them to. You can also spot the files to original timestamp.

Hope this is correct; not sitting in front of DP right now...

Happy mixing. Are you going to use headphones? Be sure to check your mixes on speakers before you commit to them!

Bob