Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 06-02-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Transferring WAVE files to a digital recorder-Help

Here is my situation. I have Pro Tools 6.1 (Mbox) with a PC4. I am wanting to take the files to several of my songs, and put them on a CD disk. The only CD coping program I have is Nero. What I am wanting to do is take the tracks from my PC and put them on a CD so that I can take it to a friend’s studio. He has a Roland 2480 and it will receive wave files. But the wave files will have to be copied off onto the CD. We want to put the tracks on in the same order that they are on the computer. If we can do that, then we can work on the tracks there. He is set up to do mastering and has a much better microphone for vocal that I do. Can I take the files of a song and record the tracks on to the CD as Data? Will that work? Somebody please help me. I know that I can consolidate the files into stereo, but I want to get all of the tracks seperate. Please advise me.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Transferring WAVE files to a digital recorder-Help

1. Consolidate each (assuming you have used all mono tracks - they will be mono). Ensure that all conolidated tracks have the same start time
2. click on each consolidated track in the edit window and give them appropriate names - I think there is a button in this dialog to change the file name as well - make sure this is checked
3. These file should now be in the audio folder for this session
4. close PT - open Nero - make a 'data disk'
5. burn away

Just a thought - you might want to trasport the mic to your place and record vocals using the mic-pre on your mbox - pretty sure they're better than nay Roland mic-pre. Plus it means way less mucking around. You will get MUCH better editting and mixing capabilities in PT than one of those roland boxes. just my 2 cents

cheers, scott
Old 06-06-2005, 11:54 AM

Hey Mister Scott! When I go to bounce each consoladated track, is that when I give it a new name?
What do you think of the idea of copying the files to a DVD burner. Will that work? I just had one installed for that purpose. Im a little fuzzy on just how I'm suppose to do it though. If you feel like it, would you offer your suggestion? Thank you and I'll check back later.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:14 PM

Mistermac ,
once you have consolidated ( as outlined above ) burning a data CDR or DVD-R is the same thing. DVD of course will hold way more data. Is your friend's box able to read DVD's ?
good luck,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 06-06-2005, 05:27 PM

once tracks are consolidated you do not need to 'bounce' them - the track will exist as a single wav file in the audio folder in the session folder - use explore in windows and have a look

cheers, scott
Old 06-07-2005, 05:42 AM

Thank you so much. I haate to feel so stupid, but I've struggled with this for a while. Now, let me see. I consolidate each track and give them a new name. The track is (with the new name) is then placed in the Song folder. I place the flder onto the desktop and then close. I thne bring up Nero and add the file and then finish. Right? If I have it wrong, STOP ME!
I was able to copy the mixed 16 bit songs to the DVD with no trouble, but I'm trying to get the Pro Tool track in a way that I could take them to any studio for mixing without having to change them from 24 bit to 16 bit. Does that make sense? Again, thank each of you for your help. God bless, Gary
Old 06-07-2005, 06:34 AM

Gary,
Quote:
I was able to copy the mixed 16 bit songs to the DVD with no trouble, but I'm trying to get the Pro Tool track in a way that I could take them to any studio for mixing without having to change them from 24 bit to 16 bit. Does that make sense?
Yes, of course. Copy them from the session's audio folder to the optical media. Done.

good luck,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 06-07-2005, 07:35 PM

Bless you lemix, I think I'm about to get the knack of this thing. Thanks-a- million! Gary
Old 06-27-2005, 01:03 PM

Hey - i was just contacted by a client who wants to do a similiar thing and was wondering how you made out with this.

My situation is, he would like to record drum and bass tracks at my studio (PTLE 6.4 - 001) and then transfer them onto his 16 track Roland machine and off he goes. He wants to mix therefor would like all the drum tracks to be (mono) independant.

Do we need to do this via the CD transfer - track by track, manually assembling the tunes or can i digitally transfer them (Spdif? ADAT?)
20gb system 60gb storage
Radeon 128mhz dual head video