Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2016, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Slate Digital FGX 2.0 Update?

Slate needed 64 bit and AAX versions to not leave people orphaned but financially he needs to make version two better than its competition so it can generate new sales to cover development costs. For this reason, I'm sure his final product will be well worth the wait.

You need look no further than URS and Abbey Road to see how things can be lots lots worse.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southboundloco View Post
Just use the Kazrog Clipper and be done with it it's only 20bux
Version 2 of the Clipper with some more improvements is due out really soon.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 08-06-2016, 09:30 AM

sLate has a long history of incomplete stuff like this. I have SSD 4 and the AAX version is still a bit buggy crashing from time to time and it hasn't had much development since its 1.101 release. When I look up the version number in the plugin it still says its 1.101 beta. It still doesn't have a standalone version and I read somewhere he's working on version 5.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion View Post
sLate has a long history of incomplete stuff like this. I have SSD 4 and the AAX version is still a bit buggy crashing from time to time and it hasn't had much development since its 1.101 release. When I look up the version number in the plugin it still says its 1.101 beta. It still doesn't have a standalone version and I read somewhere he's working on version 5.
SSD4 is a wreck on AAX. On Windows, doing ANY sort of preset recalls causes a full PT lockup. And to clarify, there has been NO development since the 1 AAX drop. Some of this stuff is ridiculous at this point. I personally don't care about a standalone, just a working version period would be nice. I ended up creating kit pieces in BFD3 from SSD4 so the few things I like out of it, I can use in software that actually works. I am not sure I am willing to support him by upgrading to SSD5 when it drops. I have most all of his plugins at this point. I am debating if I will purchase anymore of them period.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 08-06-2016, 09:55 AM

Here are some of the e-mails he sent out in 2014.

Slate Media Technology
to me
Sep 18, 2014Details

Dear FG-X and VCC Slate Customer,
I've got some good news to share with you all. Fabrice is here in Los Angeles and we have locked ourselves in the lab to finalize the new FG-LEVEL algorithm for the FG-X2. This algorithm is in its final stages (we've been working on it for years, slowly improving the algorithm with new ideas), and I think you'll be really happy with the outcome. The FG-LEVEL module is the biggest obstacle in the update, so finalizing it will be a major step forward.
In other good news, we've fixed some big bugs in the framework that the VCC 2.0 module will be working with, and now you'll see a massive CPU reduction with VCC2.0, and it'll also be more convenient and simple to use. I've got all the old sessions that we recorded through the initial consoles (we recorded at various gain stages) and we're redoing the oversampling so that it is automatically matching the precise tone of the modeled desks. Therefore, you won't have to constantly mess with oversampling settings.. it'll be done for you.
So, we are making progress. Having Fabrice and I on the same side of the pond makes both of us more productive as well.
I'm way behind in the emails... very sorry about this. But I'll try to catch up soon. Thanks for your continued support and patience.
Steven Slate

Steven Slate
to me
Oct 8, 2014Details

Dear FG-X and VCC Slate Customer,
As the Slate Companies prepare for the AES show, the Slate Digital team is in the office working on the FG-X updates and VCC. Here is some current status updates:
FG-X: I want to thank everyone who sent mixes that were problematic with the original FG-X algorithms. The new FG-Level algo is already so much more advanced that most of the cases were already improved and there were no longer artifacts, but a few of them gave Fabrice some new ideas to make even more clever improvements. After looking at the schematic with him this morning (which was updated last night), I can tell that this new loudness algorithm will be unlike anything that is out there, and is using some extremely sophisticated and innovated techniques to achieve transparency with any type of program material.
VCC: I've spent the last two weeks going through over one hundred hours of original program material that we drove through the hardware consoles so that I can compare very precisely at different saturation levels to the VCC algos at all oversampling rates. The objective is to optimize the new VCC to represent the consoles in the most precise way with a fixed oversampling. The next steps are to recreate the VCC algos in our new prototyping system since the older code is not 1:1 compatible with our new framework. This is a good thing.. the new framework is more stable, easier to fix, and has less CPU. But overall, progress is being made and I'm still quite happy about the sound of the new surprise console.
I wish I could tell you guys that you'll have the updates in a week.. really nothing would make me happier. But truthfully, there is still some time before we'll have them ready, but we are working hard to get everything done efficiently and quickly with the best product.
Please note that Slate Media Technology is my other company that is independent of Slate Digital. Slate Media Technology has a new software product debuting at AES based on the RAVEN, but again, this development did not and will not compromise anything at Slate Digital because there is no development relation and no administration relation other than me running both entities as CEO. As I promised, every Slate Digital development with the exception of the VMR which has been in beta and is essentially finished, has been put on hold until FG-X and VCC are complete.
Cheers
Steven Slate
Old 08-06-2016, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
SSD4 is a wreck on AAX. On Windows, doing ANY sort of preset recalls causes a full PT lockup. And to clarify, there has been NO development since the 1 AAX drop. Some of this stuff is ridiculous at this point. I personally don't care about a standalone, just a working version period would be nice. I ended up creating kit pieces in BFD3 from SSD4 so the few things I like out of it, I can use in software that actually works. I am not sure I am willing to support him by upgrading to SSD5 when it drops. I have most all of his plugins at this point. I am debating if I will purchase anymore of them period.
Exactly!

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 08-06-2016, 03:59 PM

Both AR and URS have never released AAX or 64 bit versions of their plug-ins.
Old 08-06-2016, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Exactly!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sLate copy.jpg (49.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-20-2017, 02:44 PM

It must've been three years now since FG-X 2 was announced.

Gives me high hopes for FG-Stress.

lol
Old 03-20-2017, 04:01 PM

yeah i quit buying anything from stevie since this FG-X2 crap has been lingering and even if it came out tomorrow i am pretty sure it would not matter lol i don't trust that company anymore. if i don't trust you... i won't give you money. period.

bottom line is... they certainly DON'T think anything about themselves with all the lies so that tells me one thing... if they don't care about their image and their reputation then they certainly do not care about their customers. this is all a big game to slate and apparently just a money bag and ego thing to him.

KNOT HARDLY PRODUCTIONS LLP*
Knot Hardly Esquire
Farcebook Twatter

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Window$10 FX4300 MSI970A-G46 16Gb AMD7870
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

*a Limited Liability Persona