Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2015, 09:01 PM

Default Delay compensation not working right on inputs?

PT 12.2.1 No HD, win7, MOTU 828 MK3 Firewire 24bit 48K

Im trying to monitor my hardware synths inside of PT, but the Delay Compensation feautre is not working right on every track, when I put some plugins on.

I put 5 Maxims on, just for show, on the first Instrument track(ATC synth). ATCs output goes to Intrument track input, the audio out from that Instrument track is being properly compensated to the PT click track. every thing fine.
I have the same synth output going to a aux track. every thing fine, both Inst track and Aux track is being compensated properly and sync to PT click with 5 Maxims on.

THEN I add a Audio track, with same input as tracks above, and enableing Input monitoring on that track, the sync is off while the Inst track and Aux track is syncing fine on playback.

This is strange, or is am I doing something wrong?

It gets even stranger when I put a secound synth in. The Supernova synths Inst track and Aux track, is off sync, BUT its Audio track is syncing fine to PT click and ATC synth.

anybody making any sense of this?

cheers

Old 10-01-2015, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Delay compensation not working right on inputs?

ADC is suspended when you record-enable a track, or enable input monitoring. You can force ADC back on by Ctrl+Start+clicking the cmp value below the track name. It will turn blue and the compensation value will jump back up again.

Last edited by Stig Eliassen; 10-01-2015 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-02-2015, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig Eliassen View Post
ADC is suspended when you record-enable a track, or enable input monitoring. You can force ADC back on by Ctrl+Start+clicking the cmp value below the track name. It will turn blue and the compensation value will jump back up again.

ok thx got it workin on the first Audio track now!

but the rest is still a mystery feels like its upside down?

Old 10-02-2015, 02:30 AM

Not sure what's going on, but all tracks with inputs Analog 3-4 behave strangely? Have you tried to toggle Delay Compensation off/on?

I would try to trash PT preferences, reboot, then launch PT again. If that doesn't fix it, I'd Default the I/O Setup.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Not sure what's going on, but all tracks with inputs Analog 3-4 behave strangely? Have you tried to toggle Delay Compensation off/on?

I would try to trash PT preferences, reboot, then launch PT again. If that doesn't fix it, I'd Default the I/O Setup.
Ok I trashed prefs, default on the I/O settings, tried another synth, on input 4-5, first synth running fine, and stil not in sync to PT click

When I force ADC off then it syncs how can that be?
Old 10-02-2015, 04:36 AM

Quote:
tried another synth, on input 4-5, first synth running fine, and stil not in sync to PT click
Still running fine, and not in sync? I don't even know what this means...

What's the purpose of the audio tracks with input monitoring enabled? Are those meant for printing? If not, what happens if you use auxes instead?
Old 10-02-2015, 05:39 AM

I don't know if this is the same thing, but at some stage I picked up a delay compensation issue related to audio inputs on my main template. It was a very strange issue - everything was fine with my print tracks set to input, yet when I replayed the track (so with no processing, and PT's easiest task) the delay compensation would be wrong. This only happened when monitoring via an aux send, btw - the direct output was fine.

After some digging around, I found it was just the template that had got screwy. I imported all tracks into a new project, and the problem disappeared (though I lost multiple bus routings in the process which needed to be redone). So for me, it was a case of a corruption in my template and its associated sessions. Might be worth setting up a simple test project from a blank session to see if the problem is reproducible.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 10-02-2015, 05:49 AM

That's probably the same reason I can't track with DC enabled.
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=370617
Old 10-02-2015, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Still running fine, and not in sync? I don't even know what this means...

What's the purpose of the audio tracks with input monitoring enabled? Are those meant for printing? If not, what happens if you use auxes instead?
Sry! "Still running fine and in sync" !!

I want to be able to monitor my synths inside of PT and make a song/track seqvencing inside PT, then record the audio in the end. Cheers
Old 10-02-2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
I don't know if this is the same thing, but at some stage I picked up a delay compensation issue related to audio inputs on my main template. It was a very strange issue - everything was fine with my print tracks set to input, yet when I replayed the track (so with no processing, and PT's easiest task) the delay compensation would be wrong. This only happened when monitoring via an aux send, btw - the direct output was fine.

After some digging around, I found it was just the template that had got screwy. I imported all tracks into a new project, and the problem disappeared (though I lost multiple bus routings in the process which needed to be redone). So for me, it was a case of a corruption in my template and its associated sessions. Might be worth setting up a simple test project from a blank session to see if the problem is reproducible.
Ye I did start from a fresh file after deleting prefs, reseting io etc. Still same issue :/