Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2010, 01:41 PM

Default I'm have a few questions/issues concerning Digi 001

I have an MBox that I'm running 6.1 with and I wanted/needed more inputs mainly for drums. I record the drums onto Tascam DA38's, bounce 2 tracks at a time and then sync them. It's worked for me but I've grown tired of it. So not being in the position to purchase an 002 much less an 003 I got what seemed to be a good deal on 001, $75. That being said...

I hooked up the 001 and Pro Tools 6 (for the MBox) recognized it and let me choose the 001 as the playback engine. I am able to record audio in and I see the wav files in there however I'm not getting any audio out from any of the outputs including the headphone output except when I'm recording and in monitor mode. When I switch back to the MBox it works just like it should. I've checked all of my connections numerous times and everything is set up correctly. I've tried installing the version that came the 001 but the install wizard encounters an issue and bails out so I haven't been able to test it with that yet. I've uninstalled everything and I still do not hear any audio out the 001. Another issue is that when I adjust the input levels of 3-8 on the 001 they do not change.

Could it be a hardware issue?
Is the 001 compatible with MBox 6 software?

Any help would really be appreciated, I've been racking my brain on this for hours. Thanks.

btw... The guy that sold it to me said he had no issues with it and would give me my money back if I couldn't get it going.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:49 PM

Default Re: I'm have a few questions/issues concerning Digi 001

The 001 is compatible on XP, and up to version 6.4. So this would depend on precisely which version of PT you have now. BUT if the M-box drivers are already in place, you will still need to install the 001 drivers.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:01 PM

Thanks, sw rec.

I updated from 6.1 to 6.4 and still no luck.

http://archive.digidesign.com/compato/xp/001/

My guess at this point is that it could be a hardware issue.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:09 PM

If you are running V6.4 on XP sp2 you will need cs6 and cs9 installed.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 04-08-2010, 08:04 AM

Thanks Tom.

I've updated & installed cs6 & cs9 but still no luck.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:35 AM

Sorry if this is off-base, but have you disconnected the Mbox?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 04-08-2010, 08:58 AM

Yeah, at one point I disconnected everything including the PCI card and re-installed 6.1 from the disc then did the update to 6.4.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Damage View Post
I have an MBox that I'm running 6.1 with and I wanted/needed more inputs mainly for drums. I record the drums onto Tascam DA38's, bounce 2 tracks at a time and then sync them. It's worked for me but I've grown tired of it. So not being in the position to purchase an 002 much less an 003 I got what seemed to be a good deal on 001, $75. That being said...

I hooked up the 001 and Pro Tools 6 (for the MBox) recognized it and let me choose the 001 as the playback engine. I am able to record audio in and I see the wav files in there however I'm not getting any audio out from any of the outputs including the headphone output except when I'm recording and in monitor mode. When I switch back to the MBox it works just like it should. I've checked all of my connections numerous times and everything is set up correctly. I've tried installing the version that came the 001 but the install wizard encounters an issue and bails out so I haven't been able to test it with that yet. I've uninstalled everything and I still do not hear any audio out the 001. Another issue is that when I adjust the input levels of 3-8 on the 001 they do not change.

Could it be a hardware issue?
Is the 001 compatible with MBox 6 software?

Any help would really be appreciated, I've been racking my brain on this for hours. Thanks.

btw... The guy that sold it to me said he had no issues with it and would give me my money back if I couldn't get it going.
between the time you used the MBox and the 001 did you delete the prefs? I was having a odd I/O issue and that helped. Also have you set the I/O to its defaults in the I/O tab?

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 04-08-2010, 09:42 AM

No I didn't delete the prefs, how do I do that? Yeah, set the I/O to default.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:28 AM

From this thread:
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=133039

Delete DAE and Pro Tools preference files

See below for a utility that will do this for you automatically!

Start Menu > My Computer > Local Disk(C:) or correct hard drive (click "show the contents of this drive" if the files aren't displayed) > Program Files > Common Files > Digidesign > DAE > Right-click on the DAE Prefs folder and delete.
Start Menu > My Computer > Local Disk(C:) > Documents and Settings > "Your user folder" > Application Data > Right-click on the Digidesign folder and delete. (If the Application Data folder is not showing: Tools Menu > Folder Options > View Tab > Select "Show Hidden Files and Folders" > Click Apply and OK.)

- Delete the Digidesign Databases folders for all hard drives

This step can be useful when receiving random 'assertion' or 'neoaccess' errors, especially when recording or saving.

Start Menu > My Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Digidesign Databases > Right-click on the Digidesign Databases folder and delete. Repeat for all hard drives.
Start menu > My Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files > Digidesign > Pro Tools > Databases > Right-click on the Volumes folder and delete.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave