Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-1999, 09:08 AM

Default Re: You call Pro Tools 5 a MIDI sequencer?

Ain't it a shame that Ted doesn't write code (and probably hasn't the slightest idea as
to what's involved in writing a MIDI engine into a huge program like Pro Tools), otherwise he could offer the write it for Digi in say, a week, for free even, and all of the complaints would be done with. The world would be "Digi MIDI Ted perfect". Ahhhh, one can only dream
Old 12-09-1999, 10:33 AM

"TED"

seems to me that you are on a destructive mission when it comes to digidesign.i must admit that i'm not too crazy about some of the clowns that represent it,but there are also some very good people that are trying very hard to productively represent DIGI. of course they know who they are.

"knowing that"

i try to focus all of my attention to protools which i think is the best there is.
5.0 is in my opinion is a very good update from 4.3.2 and would love to see it get better,and i know it will in time. why? because i am a true protools user who has faith in his investment.

but you my friend,don't seem to really care whether or not protools improves,you simply want to "critique"

that tells me you are not a protools user.
an your negativity is really uncool to real protools users.
Old 12-09-1999, 11:28 AM
Avid

I'll post this here as well. Seems we have a little pre Christmas stress going on.

Reasoned suggestions, comments, and opinions are welcomed and encouraged here, provided they are on topic. I am proud of the fact that for the most part this is a very helpful and civilized board. Let's stay away from name calling, personal attacks and other "trolling". That will get us nowhere. Thanks!
Bob Langlie
Director of Customer Service
Digidesign
Old 12-09-1999, 01:30 PM

Ted-

You are an IDIOT!

GO AWAY, not only are you stupid, you are also a pest.

Go back to working for Steinberg or Motu or 7-11, or whatever you do.

You have no business or musical sense.

I'll keep you in my prayers, i believe only God can help you.
Old 12-09-1999, 02:39 PM

TED,LEAD,SAID,FRED, WEBMASTER PLEASE, DELETE THIS THREAD.
Old 12-09-1999, 03:24 PM

The TedTroll is still having trouble reading. The forum is called "Pro Tools Troubleshooting Mac OS".. your rant is not about troubleshooting, is it Ted? You are a troll and a coward.

You OBVIOUSLY have NEVER tried to write a single line of code and have NO CONCEPT of the complexity of doing so. Once again.. you display your ignorance and lack of credibility.

-Mark
Old 12-10-1999, 12:11 AM

Well put Bob.

Oh and Ted...

" Sax players learn Charlie Parker solos. Guitar players learn Eddie Van Halen solos. It's the same thing, learn from the greats."

Yes, but great guitar players learn the Charlie Parker solos. I would encourage Digi to not copy but continue to push the envelope! That's how we grow.
Old 12-10-1999, 08:14 AM

Let's see...we've got a post from digi calling for stopping "name calling and personal attacks"...followed by three posts of name calling and personal attacks. And you say ted can't read?

Mike
Old 12-10-1999, 08:38 PM

Mike C,

Unfortunately you can't read or count. My post was neither name calling nor a personal attack. It's called rhyming. I was simply asking the mayhem to end. If you were counting your post as one of the three posts then your mathematics were correct.

Let's analyze what you said:

"Let's see...we've got a post from digi calling for stopping "name calling and personal attacks"...followed by three posts of name calling and personal attacks. And you say ted can't read?"

By your last remark you are saying that neither PMoshay, Mark Fasset or myself can read.

Now if we count using real mathematics the count is now four including my most recent post. See what you made me do. If we continue any further I'm afraid we will all lose our privileges on the DUC. So please Digi delete this thread.

Peace towards all.

[This message has been edited by creaturestudios (edited 12-10-99).]

[This message has been edited by creaturestudios (edited 12-10-99).]
Old 12-11-1999, 01:50 PM

1. Get over yourselvs people...kitty bulls*** won't help anything..
2. Ted's got points (no matter how radical)
3. PT 5 IS GREAT, no doubt it could be better.