Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2013, 01:42 PM

Default Does ELASTIC AUDIO always leave artifacts on every warp marker

Is it a virtual guaranty of artifacts with E,A .
I cannot seem to do anything with out making it worse for the best effort I give. I get artifacts get turning on E,A with no movement of warp markers.
For the life of me I cant understand why I would want to use E,A if Im getting this much digital mess.

COULD SOMEBODY PLEASE SCHOOL ME ON THIS
I THINK I NEED IT
Old 01-14-2013, 01:52 PM

Exclamation Re: Does ELASTIC AUDIO always leave artifacts on every warp marker

What algorithm are you using? Some of the algorithms have limited settings that you can adjust a bit. I haven't had issues with just turning elastic audio on, but my audio files may be different from the ones that you are trying to elasticize.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:54 PM

Default Does ELASTIC AUDIO always leave artifacts on every warp marker

It's the analyses markers that are causing the problem. Reduce the analyses sensitivity or manually remove the unnecessary analyses markers.

Buttdialed by me & Tapatalk

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 01-14-2013, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Does ELASTIC AUDIO always leave artifacts on every warp marker

Here's what works for me. I cut the clip(formerly "Region")I want to edit, and copy to another audio track(right above or below the one I am working on), OR I duplicate the playlist and(very important step) cut the duplicate(anywhere) and then consolidate it(which creates a new and separate clip). Either way allows me to work on a clip WITHOUT messing with the original audio(nice to have that available, just in case....). Now I do the EA edits on the duplicate(or the separate track, which is way handy for working on small areas). Once I get things moved and aligned, instead of rendering it, I will bus it back to the original track(record to a new track if you used duplicate playlist). By doing it this way, its seems to impart artifacts less often, and you can revert and start over(and never screw up the original audio).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-23-2013, 10:56 AM

Thank you.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Here's what works for me. I cut the clip(formerly "Region")I want to edit, and copy to another audio track(right above or below the one I am working on), OR I duplicate the playlist and(very important step) cut the duplicate(anywhere) and then consolidate it(which creates a new and separate clip). Either way allows me to work on a clip WITHOUT messing with the original audio(nice to have that available, just in case....). Now I do the EA edits on the duplicate(or the separate track, which is way handy for working on small areas). Once I get things moved and aligned, instead of rendering it, I will bus it back to the original track(record to a new track if you used duplicate playlist). By doing it this way, its seems to impart artifacts less often, and you can revert and start over(and never screw up the original audio).
That's interesting about recording it back to the original track. Do you know if this is technically better quality than using X-Form on the elastic track before rendering? X-Form seems to help reduce the artifacts, but it usually takes a long time to process.

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7