Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2009, 12:18 PM

Default Audio Midi Setup issue..PT8 or OS10.5.5 problem?

Hi. This is only sort of a ProTools question, but I figure someone out there might have the answer....

I've had my Tascam DM-24 digital mixer connected to ProTools via MAudio Midi/USB Uno interface for use as a control surface for a few years now with no problem. I've recently upgraded my system to PT8 (HD Accel..PPC g5) and Mac OS 10.5.5 Now all of a sudden Audio Midi Setup won't save my settings for this simple task, or any other settings for that matter. If I hit New Config...it returns to the default. If I quit and reopen, it returns to the default. Same on shut down.

So, now, every time I reboot I have to run AMS, reconfigure it for the DM-24 and leave it running in the background in order for Pro Tools to see the DM24 as a control surface.

Anyone experiencing this problem? Is there a fix? Is there a better way to connect the DM24 to ProTools which doesn't require using AMS? (this is the only way presented in the manual)

I don't use MIDI every really except for this purpose, so please forgive me if the question is stupid or the answer obvious :)

I may revert to 10.5.4 to see if this fixes the problem.

Thanks much
Old 01-22-2009, 02:10 PM
Avid

Default Re: Audio Midi Setup issue..PT8 or OS10.5.5 problem?

Try this:

Go to MacHD>Users>your account>Library>Preferences>By Host and trash 'com.apple.midi.a bunch of numbers and letters.plist'.

Go to MacHD>Users>your account>Library>Preferences and trash 'com.apple.audio.audiomidisetup.plist'.

Empty the trash and restart, then see if everything is working.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Audio Midi Setup issue..PT8 or OS10.5.5 problem?

Digi- Thanks for the quick reply. Tried your fix...no dice.

2 things:

1) I misstated my OS...I'm running 10.5.6 on this system
2) I think this is a Mac OS Bug...as a few friends also running this OS have the same problem and my 10.5.5 rig works fine.

I'm sending Apple a bug report, but if you guys have any pull over there and can get on them as well it'd be helpful :)

Thanks much