Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 08:02 AM

Default DUY Customer Support

Folks I am starting to think I have made a big mistake by ordering the downloadable version of the Everpack RTAS bundle.
I emailed them for the demo, no problem ,they got right back to me with a link to check the demo version the very next day. I installed it ,liked it, and went on to purchase it, still no problem.
The problem started after I registered the product. Its been better than a week now and I still have not received a authorization code.I am still able to run the plugs in demo mode for another five days, but I'm starting to worry because I have not received any response from DUY to let me Know if I completed the registration process correctly.
I have emailed them twice and did get a response asking did i get a link and serial number, to which I replied yes, but stated I still need an authorization code,and that the last I've heard from anybody.
I'm I being to impatient? Has anyone else had the same experiance with DUY just wondering at this point have I made a mistake in dealing with this company.
Thanks Ron
Old 10-31-2005, 08:40 AM

Default Re: DUY Customer Support

They take the full 14 or 15 days to get back with the authorizations.
Sometimes they will not respond or respond very slowly.
I love the plugins....dont like the customer service at all.
I bought mine thru Sweetwater & when I need help, I call sweetwater & they get DUY to respond.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:58 AM

Thanks SaxMan, I do appreciate your reply and it does ease some of the concerns I've had with not getting replies from DUY.Still it creates other concerns about customer support. Oh well, I'll just hope I don't need future support, and will definitely think twice about any other purchases from them.
Ron
Old 10-31-2005, 09:27 AM

If you search on DUY, you will probably find most of the other post's on this subject.
It's a small company, & I can relate to that, but having computer issues & then having to send 100
emails to get paid for plugs to work again is unacceptable. IMHO
Old 10-31-2005, 11:44 AM

Quote:
They take the full 14 or 15 days to get back with the authorizations.

Really? What kind of service level is that? Wow

As a plugin developer I was planning to spend at least 1-2 weeks and develop an authorization management system that works through the web (which will be necessary when I start selling my plugin in 3-4 months). Maybe I should sell my system to them as well
Old 10-31-2005, 11:46 AM

Quote:
It's a small company
I don't think that's an excuse, unless they are authorizing hundreds of plug-ins a day
Old 10-31-2005, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Maybe I should sell my system to them as well
totally. that's how a lot tech businesses that do something cool wind up making their money these days - selling the infrastructure. just make sure it's wickedly standards-compliant.

Will
Old 10-31-2005, 02:01 PM

Not my experience at all.
I buy direct from them and they are very responsive.
I even received fast replies even when I needed to become cross platform after they released the Windows versions of their plugs.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:21 PM

A2D2, I wish I could say the same.I did a search as suggested for DUY and apparently I am not alone as a neglected customer.I just hope I do get a response before my demo period is over. I really like the plugs and hope that they are just working their way through some temporary problems. Still even an automated response from the registration page,would solve some of the issues of not getting a authorization code in a reasonable time.In other words at least let me know its coming if you got my money!
Old 11-01-2005, 07:56 AM

RonB,

I had the same experience as you when purchasing direct from DUY - took nearly the full 2 weeks to get the authorization. But, they did get it to me before the demo mode period ran out. I was nervous about it too since no other authorization for a software purchase had ever taken that long. I think they assume you're good to go and have no worries since the plug-ins work for a couple of weeks in demo mode. I'm not sure they understand the anxiety their customers are experiencing while waiting for the authorization.

Thanks,
Greg