How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Juno D compadibility with PT

Hey all

This is my first post and I am happy to be a part of the community!

My question is this:

I have an mbox 2 and I recently purchased a Juno d Synth(which i love) to go along with it. Ive connected the midi and patch cables to the mbox 2 in the appropirate in/outs. I am not able to load the patch names in pro tools. there is no "Juno D" under the manufacturer "roland". my second Q is I am able to create and play midi tracks but when I have 2 different midid tracks and I want to record 2 different samples ( from my Juno-d, seperatly of course, not at the samw time). When I play the two tracks at once either only one will play, they both will play--the same instument and be ADD and jump to diff notes, or they both will not play. Its prolly not pt, Im a noobie to recording with midi. Ive read all the information I have got with the mbox and the juno d, but have not found suitable information to help me out. Can someone explain or point me the direction of set by step intruction of creating a midi some with my synth. Sorry for the noobie Question.
Thanks a lot!

SOF
Old 03-23-2007, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Juno D compadibility with PT

NO replys yet? I will answer any questions you may have regarding my post. pls I need some quidencee. thanks

Sof
Old 10-15-2007, 04:22 AM

I just happened across this thread, so you may well have found another answer by now.

Q1: Digi do not supply a .midnam file for the Juno-D. This is the file which lists all the available patches on your connected devices- in this case a Juno-D.

It is possible to write your own .midnam file, but it is a long process. I'm looking on the internet for one which has already been written. Sadly, not all synth manufacturers even provide them for their own products.

Q2: Your problem isn't very clear as you talk about recording MIDI tracks and then sampling sounds, which are two different areas. Just remember to have your synth in performance mode to be able to use more than one MIDI channel.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:21 AM

Quote:
It is possible to write your own .midnam file, but it is a long process. I'm looking on the internet for one which has already been written. Sadly, not all synth manufacturers even provide them for their own products.
Armed with the PDF of the JunoD manual from Roland's site, and Cherry Picker (on a Mac), one could copy/paste it together in around 5 minutes.

Such a shame there doesn't appear to be a PC option. And it's not as if midnam is a PT/Mac standard either.