Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2000, 01:08 PM

Default Off Topic: CS10 Users

Hello-

I have a question for CS10 users (the earlier version, not the CS10/2). I bought mine used, and there's nothing technically wrong with it; it functions just fine. But I have a problem getting some things to work. The unit came with 2 options in terms of connecting it. It came with the CS Edit box, which I connect the Com and Ext ports between it and the CS10, then MIDI in and out from the Edit box to the 001. When this happens, I only get functionality from the transport area. My faders don't work, and neither does the scrub wheel.

My other option is a cable that was sent with it that fits into the COM port of the CS10, and turns into a Y-cable with two MIDI jacks. When I plug the CS10 into the 001 with this, I regain full functionality including the faders and scrub wheel, but then none of the lights work on the CS10! So I can't tell which function is chosen above the faders, nor can I read the numeric window when I move a fader.

Can someone tell me if they've had these problems and what they've done to fix them? I'm using a G4 AGP 400, and I believe eveything is configured right with OMS and ProTools. How else can this be hooked up so it works? Why won't the faders work when connected via the CS Edit box? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Sean
Old 11-13-2000, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Off Topic: CS10 Users

just bumping to the top since I posted it over the weekend. Any suggestions welcomed....

thanks,
Sean
Old 02-20-2014, 04:01 AM

Default Re: Off Topic: CS10 Users

Old thread here, but maybe helpful for future reference:

Have a look at my posting here: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=16595

I think the solution in this case is as well pushing Shift and left Wheel button simultaneously. This is the advice in the manual to use a CS-10 for ProTools, and this is also good for SD II.

The original purpose of that y-cable (two Midi > one serial) is another one, however. It is for later CS-10 model (sn# above A1030000, manufactured after Dec 1992) which has got Midi ports instead of serial ports. CS-10, not the later CS-10 2!
The serial jack goes into the COM port of the CS-Edit and the two Midi jacks into the Midi ports of the CS-10. This combo should provide the same functionality as the older CS-10 connected to a CS-Edit with two serial cables.