Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2006, 06:45 PM

Default Mono tracks only see 16 inputs?!?!?

Ok so I am finally getting this all setup the way I want it. . .I'm getting ready for band season and I want to setup so that I can easily use all 24 analog inputs in my system (one 192 and one AD 16x w/ x-hd card). My problem is that any mono track will not display more then 16 (mono) inputs on the drop down.

So I have all my I/O's named- Neve 1-2 Neve 3-4 etc and on a mono track (audio or aux) it stops @ control 24 pre's 5-6 which are the last things attached to the AD-16x. I have all the newest firmwares for it, and I don't think it is the problem as everything works fine in stereo (up to 26 inputs 2 for WDM and or windows audio).

Also if I assign from the C24 (which is kinda stupid but it does prevent some excessive wrist tension) it switches over to bus 1 after the 16th input. . .any Ideas? thanks-

Ryan
Old 05-01-2006, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Mono tracks only see 16 inputs?!?!?

Never mind I figured it out- needed to make sub paths-

One question- is there really any need for a seperate "hardware" dialog screen from the "I/O" one- all you need is for sample rate stuff to be under the io section a few settings (soft limit). It's annoying having to go over and change your digi card to adat, then back to IO to fill it all in. . .

At least it'll be done for now. . .Thanks-

Oh and sorry for the double post-

Ryan
Old 05-01-2006, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Mono tracks only see 16 inputs?!?!?

Hi!
Yeah- the hardware screen allows for some cool things. Then, I/O allows you to "build" the internal mixer, with the Hardware Setup feeding that mixer. The Hardware Setup addresses the hardware I/O box(es) directly. The I/O setup does not.

Some of us have yelled at Digi to please throw an IMport/Export option on the Hardware Setup page, just like the I/O Setup page; some of us have various, preset hardware schemes we use throughout a single Session.

For instance: while tracking, one may simply use Analogue I/O on the hardware. Moving over to edits and mixing, one might then choose to switch a set of 8 of that I/O over to digital, allowing integration of digital outboard. Having those two "Hardware Setup schemes" saved as presets, and then simply import them as needed...well, it would make life easier.

As far as keeping the two seperate tho: I can see where it might seem logical to integrate the two. However, I can also see the logic in the speration (I prefer this actually). Integrated, the resulting window might become overly cluttered, and possibly confusing. Or maybe not...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.