Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 10:06 AM

Default Question about mixing and pan changes

I have a question that I am sure is easy to answer but I have not been able to find an answer on the web. I have completed some finial mixes for a group and I need to be able to create some performance tracks for them. I have mixed their project in stereo and this will be sent to off for duplication. Now I need to be able to create a peformance CD for them with all the music panned to the left and stack vocals panned to the right to create a split track disc to be used in performance. How can I do this without changing or losing any of the fader moves I have saved for the final mix? Any direction on this would be a big help.

Thanks.

--tracy
Old 07-10-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Question about mixing and pan changes

Hey!

Bounce to disk with the vocals muted and you will have your performace trax.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:52 PM

Do a "Save Session As..." and give it a new name like "Performance Mix" - then you will have a new session which you can re-tweak all you want, and you can always go back to the other session which will still contain your finished mix automation. This does not duplicate your audio files or anything though, so don't do any permanent deleting or the files won't be there when you switch back!
Old 07-10-2005, 08:16 PM

This might work as well. Bounce your final mix to disk and select MONO, 16 bit, 44.1K. Import the bounce to a new session at the same settings(including tempo). keep the mix panned to one side and add a click track panned to the other side. Bounce that session to create your performance track. I am assuming you want a CD with mono music on one side and click for the drummer on the other side?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 07-10-2005, 09:04 PM

Thanks for the tip. I have done most of what you have said, but I really didn't want to redo all the fader mixes in the project. Most of the sessions have at least 24 tracks and some have 32. All I want to do is change the pan for all music left and all backback up vocals to the right. The group uses a mone PA sound system so in their preformance they can run the left side on their mini disc player as high as they need to for music. Then play the right side and different levels for the stack and background vocals. If I make a new project and change to the auto write mode to change the pans, I am going to lose all my fader moves correct??

Thanks again for the help.

--tracy
Old 07-10-2005, 09:10 PM

I guess this could work. I could bounce all the music and mute the vocals to mono file. Then mute all the music and bouce the stacks and background vocals to a mone file then marry the two files together. I hoping for an easier way. Thanks for the help. This might be what I have to do.

Thanks,

--tracy
Old 07-11-2005, 06:25 AM

Hey Tracy,
Do exactly what you want to do. Pan the music left and vox right. Turn off automation enable for everything except pan just to be sure but changing the pan does not affect the volume automation