Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2005, 06:24 AM

Default OT: Music Library questions for tv and film?

Hey everyone,

Just out of curiousity, I have been browsing the Post boards for a bit now just learning as I go so to speak. I have more of a background in music than in movies, and was wondering the best way to go about getting my catalog of music into a music library for films or tv possibly? Anyone have any good advice?? This is an aspect I have never attempted before. I have always been in situations of putting out record after record on some label and playing shows to support and promote it. lol

Should I just speak with a lawyer or agent to start pursuing things? Thanks for any advice in advance.

Charlie
Old 03-31-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: OT: Music Library questions for tv and film?

Having spoken to several companies about this briefly, the short answer is, just call them up and ask them. It seems that a lot of them (not all) use musicians/composers as independent contractors. Get a demo together and ask them how best to submit your material. They seem pretty open to that. When it comes time for a contract, then you could get a lawyer involved...