Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2023, 09:27 AM

Default Re: No sound in pro tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
12.5.0 was released 28-MAR-2016 so yes it is ancient.

But don't worry, some of us get job done with prehistoric DigiDesign (pre-9.0.0) versions also. I think the oldest I have set up was 5.1 -- you can learn too, but until you learn to send a proper system report (sisoft sandra) everyone here assumes your hardware is not up to the task.
Ok, now, Regardless of whether the device can handle the program or not (Believe me it can ) Can we fix the issue?
Look at the message a posted above when i tried audio for more info on what worked and what not
Thanks
Old 08-19-2023, 09:58 AM

5 pages in on all this ******** and still no one Sandra report or one clear description of actually what you are doing. And WTF is anybody supposed to do with useless descriptions of things like "the quality is so bad". How the hell does anybody respond to that. How bad how. Too quiet? Clipping? Distorted? Hum? Ya want experts here to just guess what is happening?

All the basic stuff expected in a first post on DUC and clearly described under "help us help you" that multiple folks have pointed you but you can't for some reason actually do. If you have a learning disability lets us know and somebody will go out of there way to help you privately. But if it's you are just lazy please just go away.

And you know the PC will work OK based on your deep knowledge of... well nothing to do with Pro Tools. Like others here I suspect you are using a cracked version of the software, and if I was from Avid I'd be asking for your license info. Cracked software users don't like posting Sandra reports.
Old 08-19-2023, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMA View Post
Ok tell me what system info do you want so I can provide more info?
What type of ILOK key do you use?

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 08-19-2023, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Can we fix the issue?
Maybe not if even your imported audio sounds bad (in an unknown way). Sandra report now, please.
Old 08-19-2023, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
5 pages in on all this ******** and still no one Sandra report or one clear description of actually what you are doing. And WTF is anybody supposed to do with useless descriptions of things like "the quality is so bad". How the hell does anybody respond to that. How bad how. Too quiet? Clipping? Distorted? Hum? Ya want experts here to just guess what is happening?

All the basic stuff expected in a first post on DUC and clearly described under "help us help you" that multiple folks have pointed you but you can't for some reason actually do. If you have a learning disability lets us know and somebody will go out of there way to help you privately. But if it's you are just lazy please just go away.

And you know the PC will work OK based on your deep knowledge of... well nothing to do with Pro Tools. Like others here I suspect you are using a cracked version of the software, and if I was from Avid I'd be asking for your license info. Cracked software users don't like posting Sandra reports.

This is the most unmoderated community I've EVER been too...
Plus,,, You actually offered me the solution
I better go watch some of the 1 million tutorials out there so I can actually get usfull info without *Giving* much info.
+Even if I'm using a cracked version? (I've never been asked whether I'm using a cracked version or not in my whole life...even If I'm actually Im...That shouldn't affect the support quality)
I tried to give the info I should give (I read the help us help you page) Instead I was asked if I'm a cracked version user or not...WHAT'S the DIFFERENCE! I'm not discussing a license issue here (Then u have the right to ask whether I'm a crack user or not)...If this version is HACKED...that has nothing to do with the sound ofc

Or...maybe...just *buy* another software that has a renowned, populated, support community that doesn't ask whether if users cracked the software or not.
Thanks
Old 08-19-2023, 01:51 PM

Darryl is one of the respected sources of information and help here, so if he gets offended because you fail to provide a standard sandra report, we have absolutely zero reason to moderate the outburst.

You need to help yourself getting help here. Seriously. If you do not follow standard troubleshooting roadmap you better try fixing your system all by yourself. And a million of youtube videos. Sorry, but you are blocking us helping you. It is you, not us.

This is user forum. Other fellow users may have a problem if you used a cracked version while others pay for it. Avid especially may have a problem with you if that was the case.
Old 08-19-2023, 02:39 PM

Actually, you didn’t give ANY of the info you were asked for (STILL no Sandra report) and quite frankly, you don’t seem to have the slightest grasp on recording technique or signal flow. The people who were trying to help are well-versed in both.
Suggestion: get Reaper or Adobe Audition. They’ll run on anything and you might start to grasp the concepts a little better with a less intensive program.
Ain’t as easy as it looks, huh? (Why I quit “entry level consulting” years ago.)
Old 08-19-2023, 06:37 PM

Perhaps you can try to use the Mini Grand virtual instrument as it only uses about 1-2 GB of RAM beyond what Protools needs. I believe it comes free with Protools and is installed automatically (at least it used to). It's only a simple piano, but hopefully it is enough to respond to the MIDI instructions. If you can get some sound with that, the you can try some other VIs.

Please, try to generate a SANDRA report, as it will provide this community the necessary information to help you.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 08-21-2023, 12:09 AM

Quote:
This is the most unmoderated community I've EVER been too...
Plus,,, You actually offered me the solution
I better go watch some of the 1 million tutorials out there so I can actually get usfull info without *Giving* much info.
+Even if I'm using a cracked version? (I've never been asked whether I'm using a cracked version or not in my whole life...even If I'm actually Im...That shouldn't affect the support quality)
I tried to give the info I should give (I read the help us help you page) Instead I was asked if I'm a cracked version user or not...WHAT'S the DIFFERENCE! I'm not discussing a license issue here (Then u have the right to ask whether I'm a crack user or not)...If this version is HACKED...that has nothing to do with the sound ofc

Or...maybe...just *buy* another software that has a renowned, populated, support community that doesn't ask whether if users cracked the software or not.
Thanks
So you're basically admitting that it's a crack. Why hasn't he been banned at this point?
Old 08-21-2023, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marspe View Post
So you're basically admitting that it's a crack. Why hasn't he been banned at this point?
why indeed?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCw...ogfR_7Q/videos

------------------------------------------------------
PT2023.12, OS X Monterey, Late 2013 MacPro, 6 core, 64 GB RAM, Orion Studio, Slate Raven MTi2, ISA428, ADL600, Distressor, Grace 501, Dimedio, Obsidian, One LA, BAC500, Harrison 32 EQ, UAD2 OCTO, Focal 6 be, Auratones...
Closed Thread