Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 07:36 AM

Default Re: McDSP Version Up!

No body contacted me - at least not while I was on the grassy knoll.... it may have been the aliens that changed my brain ...

Making manafacturers give full versions penalizes them when it is Digi's advertising that was wrong. Channel G is McDSP's most valuable plugin. They only have 7 products. If you don't like the conditions take the refund and shutup ... McDSp and URS are not massive corporations. Their target market is small and you want them to take the hit for Digi's mistake? I applaud both McDSp and URS for being involved in this promotion. Allowing me to get versions of their plugs at a fraction of the retail. I do not want to discourage them. I want revlover in MP5 - limited is better than nothing.

The other option is to make Digi pay URS and McDSP the $390 required to upgrade these. If i were them I would not do it. They took the only reasonable course of offering a refund and offering an apology ....

Now - wheres my check for defending the guilty ....? Right next to the drugs you guys must be smoking ...Bring back payola I say ... I see a bright light ... excuse me I have to go now

Ainslie
Old 09-29-2005, 07:55 AM

Quote:
take the refund and shutup ...

Now - wheres my check for defending the guilty ....? Right next to the drugs you guys must be smoking ...
Ainslie
What nice things to say, Digi Brown Noser!
Old 09-29-2005, 08:03 AM

I don't think you would be so generous if you got flopped on false advertising. As I've tried to explain you, and I thought you understood, is NOT the wonderful opportunity and quality of the plugins. That's a given. It is the fine print ( that was conveniently) not printed that annoys me.

Like the time I bought a large screen TV at a charity event. The promotion said 'shipped to your door'. Until after I paid and found out they wouldn't ship because I got a great deal. They offered me my money back.Business is business. I should stop complaining because it is a great TV. I should thank them for the opportunity. They saw an opportunity after I was hopelessly roped in and took advantage of the situation. It was still worth it to pay shipping anyways. But i was cheated. I don't like being cheated.

If you still don't get it, start your own thread about how great the MP4 promotion is. This thread is about being tricked. And then being told i should've have known - great deals have to have a downside. Very insulting. Cheap business practice. Not at all the way Digi does business which is why I am sure Digi will figure this out and make good. And while you're jumping up and down saying you got ChannelG for a year, I will get an upgradeable version.
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 09-29-2005, 01:13 PM

Quote:

What nice things to say, Digi Brown Noser!
wow - that was before my coffee this AM - I retract all nasties ... wasn't meant to be that harsh!!

And - to the TV example .. That is good. You should get exactly what was advertised. But if they can't make good then we have 2 reactions.
1. Accept the mistake and apology it and take a refund.
2. Don't accept it and fight - protest, litigate, sue,
If you choose the second fine - I understand. I just think its a waste of time and negative energy.

As to hijacking the thread - I am exactly on topic.

Ainslie
Old 09-29-2005, 08:56 PM

the massive packs are certainly cheap. its like the drug dealer. give away the first few and then get ya on the come back. we get massively packed in the Mc DSPatootie....ouch.

Da-nick-str = Nick Dellos