Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2024, 10:47 AM

Default PT10HD With 6,1 Mac, Sonnet PCI Enclosure

Hi there, I haven't posted to this group for probably 18 years or so so my account seem to have expired, and I had to create a new one just now.

That being said, I'm a PT Ultimate user, but I'm setting up a side PT10HD set up because I was given dozens of Core and Accel cards, Magna chassis, Mac Pros, D-Control desk, etc.

I've got everything up and running nicely with a cheesegrater Mac, but before I call it a day I've also got a trashcan Mac which I wouldn't mind using for additional processing power. I have it in a Sonnet Chassis with their PCIe option.

Pro Tools is not seen the cards in that configuration. I can't find any good compatibility docs for this configuration, being that it's 10 years old, and most docs only cover HDX.

Before I beat myself up testing, is there anyone who knows if this configuration should work? It seems like it should.
Old 01-07-2024, 11:35 AM

Default Re: PT10HD With 6,1 Mac, Sonnet PCI Enclosure

HD/TDM cards will not work in any Thunderbolt expansion chassis. Would have required driver changes that were never made. Been discussed on DUC many times.
Old 01-07-2024, 06:18 PM

Thanks a bunch. I searched this thing all week and somehow my searching skills must be terrible, as I could not find that simple answer.

Thanks again
Old 01-07-2024, 06:45 PM

Appreciate you trying, in case it helps in future, the forum built-in search is fairly useless. Much better to use Google search. e.g.

https://www.google.com/search?q=TDM+...e:duc.avid.com

Note the site specifier and double quotes to force "thunderbolt chassis" results only, for bonus points throw in a -HDX to remove those results.
Old 01-07-2024, 06:54 PM

Haha well that explains it. I searched here quite a bit, and I searched google a ton, but never that combination/rules.

Thanks again as I'll have plenty more PT10 questions on my crazy journey with this vintage setup. A setup that I hope will be useful, but might just be a huge waste of time.