How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 10-04-2013, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Emulated MIDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8dB.co.uk View Post
One thing that always trips up midi on clean installs is to make sure you're running PT as an administrator. Right click your PT icon and select ""Run as Administrator"

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
Did you read my above post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by notedmusic View Post
Hi all.

When I run my PT11.0.2 I cannot seem to start up my midi keyboard in Pro Tools.
All of my outputs are emulated, regardless if I use windows 7's "run as administrator" or not.
Yes, I did that already. I also tried it on a clean install boot.
Thanks for trying though! But that's why I tried to give as much info as possible so I would get some solutions beyond the "typical" troubleshooting. I did all of that already.
BTY my UAC is off anyways so it shouldn't really matter. And before you ask- yes changing that setting does nothing for midi, all is does is mess up my settings.

Here is what is going on: sometimes the midi works, sometimes it doesn't (usually it doesn't work). It is a PT problem and doesn't affect my other DAWs.
I got it to run after a fresh install of PT11 for about one take. Then it stopped working. I'm pretty sure it is a bug in the system.
And yes I've tried all manner of driver reinstalls via changing USB ports. I've never had an issue with standalone or other DAWs.

Pro Tools 11 HD, 64Gb ram, 12tb SSD, 1909
HD Omni/Thunderbolt Native
A bucketload of libraries
www.Reverbnation.com/jedediahjenk
www.soundcloud.com/jedediahjenk
notedmusic.wix.com/jedediahjenk
Old 10-04-2013, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notedmusic View Post
Did you read my above post?

Yes, I did that already. I also tried it on a clean install boot.
Thanks for trying though! But that's why I tried to give as much info as possible so I would get some solutions beyond the "typical" troubleshooting. I did all of that already.
BTY my UAC is off anyways so it shouldn't really matter. And before you ask- yes changing that setting does nothing for midi, all is does is mess up my settings.

Here is what is going on: sometimes the midi works, sometimes it doesn't (usually it doesn't work). It is a PT problem and doesn't affect my other DAWs.
I got it to run after a fresh install of PT11 for about one take. Then it stopped working. I'm pretty sure it is a bug in the system.
And yes I've tried all manner of driver reinstalls via changing USB ports. I've never had an issue with standalone or other DAWs.
My apologies I missed that. It took me ages to get non Digidesign midi interfaces to work, and on every occasion it's been that. The outputs still display as "emulated" even if they're working though.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

i7 5820k 6 x 4GHz (12 threads), 16GB DDR4, Win 10 Pro, BM Mini Monitor PCIe, GTX 660Ti 2GB;

Dell Laptop, i7 4x3.6GHz (8 threads ), 16GB DDR4, Win 10 Pro, GTX1060MaxQ 6GB;

"Plan B" - i7 6700k, 4 x 3.4GHz, 16GB DDR4, Sierra, AJA Kona LHi, GTX 1050Ti 4GB.

RME FireFace802 + ARC, RME Babyface

Avid D-Command, Artist Control, V-Control, Korg MicroKontrol

7.1.2 Presonus Monitors
Old 10-04-2013, 06:20 PM

How did you get them running?
Pro Tools won't receive any midi data. It's being stubborn.

Pro Tools 11 HD, 64Gb ram, 12tb SSD, 1909
HD Omni/Thunderbolt Native
A bucketload of libraries
www.Reverbnation.com/jedediahjenk
www.soundcloud.com/jedediahjenk
notedmusic.wix.com/jedediahjenk
Old 10-08-2013, 08:52 PM

I have the same issue with my MOTU midi hardware with 11.x
They show Emulated but do not function. My TC interface midi ports work fine, It's odd. No issues with other DAW's or ver 10...
Old 10-18-2013, 05:31 AM

I have the same issue. My midi keyboard (Yamaha Motif8) goes through an MTP AV from Motu using latest drivers (may 2013). In pro tools 10, cubase and reason i have no issues at all but in pro tools 11 the midi is emulated since yesterday (it worked fine for a few weeks) and does not work at all.
The only difference i can see between the other daws and pro tools 11 is the emulation mode that is in PT 11.
What does the emulation mode mean? And how can i get the normal midi back active?
Txs.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvlam View Post
I have the same issue. My midi keyboard (Yamaha Motif8) goes through an MTP AV from Motu using latest drivers (may 2013). In pro tools 10, cubase and reason i have no issues at all but in pro tools 11 the midi is emulated since yesterday (it worked fine for a few weeks) and does not work at all.
The only difference i can see between the other daws and pro tools 11 is the emulation mode that is in PT 11.
What does the emulation mode mean? And how can i get the normal midi back active?
Txs.
On my Korg MicroKontrol's control panel it gives me the option to force the driver to be either 32bit, 64bit or Auto. It works in 10 but not in 11. I'll try forcing it to 64bit and let you know what happens.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

i7 5820k 6 x 4GHz (12 threads), 16GB DDR4, Win 10 Pro, BM Mini Monitor PCIe, GTX 660Ti 2GB;

Dell Laptop, i7 4x3.6GHz (8 threads ), 16GB DDR4, Win 10 Pro, GTX1060MaxQ 6GB;

"Plan B" - i7 6700k, 4 x 3.4GHz, 16GB DDR4, Sierra, AJA Kona LHi, GTX 1050Ti 4GB.

RME FireFace802 + ARC, RME Babyface

Avid D-Command, Artist Control, V-Control, Korg MicroKontrol

7.1.2 Presonus Monitors
Old 12-29-2013, 05:55 PM

Anyone have any success yet? MOTU midi is still a no go for me with PT 11.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:01 AM

I have exactly the same problem with my keylab25. We need to find some solution!
Old 01-15-2014, 06:32 PM

Have you checked the send/receive channels in Setup> MIDI> MIDI Studio Setup?

If your controller shows up as <Emulated> then maybe you can set up a new controller profile there, and manually choose the correct manufacturer, model, channels (all), and ports.

While you're there, check out Setup> MIDI> Input Filter, and Setup> MIDI> Input Devices. Just to make sure everything is enabled properly.
Old 07-21-2018, 05:20 PM

I have the same problem with both an M-Audio Axiom 25 as well as with a CME XKey 37.
Both are emulated.
Tried setting up a profile in the Midi Studio, enabled about everything in Periphirals (that just gives an error message that there is no communication between the hui and pt), checked input devices and input filters and set the keyboard as default thru device.
All to no avail.