Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2020, 06:26 AM

Default Re: Worst Dark Mode Ever

Actually the dark mode is not so bad after I played with the saturation and brightness settings a bit.
RME, Daking, Heritage, ISA, Sytek

Old 11-18-2020, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Hulst View Post
Thats your opinion... Ive worked on 2 different rigs now in dark mode, my own rig was and still is just fine in dark mode, but the other rig was set to dark what resulted in hard to read knobs and difficult to work with. After changing some settings in the mac and on the screen, its superb.

And then again its a taste thing, ALL customers have their own opinion. Mine is: I LIKE IT.
Great bro. It's all about tolerance. Give a mix to a hundred Grammy winning mixers, and you'll get a 100 different mixes. Our fingerprints are not the same. We are not the same. So Avid should incorporate a wider range of customization for dark mode, and many more people would be happy. Saturation and Brightness should have a wider range. Maybe a contrast slider should also be added. Dark mode is terrible for my eyes (and for many others as well), but I understand that it's perfect for others. Cool, but Avid should also realize this basic fact of life and do something about it.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale View Post
Nope.

That means Reaper-like tragedies with skins and things.

I’d been using “classic” since 2003 or so. Remember when there was no MIDI editor window?

Can’t please everyone. I’m pleased enough to use it, imperfect as it is. If anyone wants to hack it, clearly there are options available there, and there will likely be a small cottage industry built around a GUI that will allow you to tweak that preferences file.

Me? I’d rather they fix the issue where >100 plugins on startup causes the program to crash. Or let the FB360 plugins be optional because they break Native Instrument’s Komplete Kontrol (still hasn’t been fixed, and because the new PT reinstalls them, I had to rediscover why my Komplete Kontrol S61 didn’t work again). Or put the track input arm button on my Artist Control touch screen next to the Record, Solo, and Mute buttons as it was suggested once upon a time that it could happen and that it is something that should always have been there, but likely never will now because that device has become abandonware.

Fix things that keep people from working. You know, issues that plague pros. You want skins? Lots of other options out there. Not trying to be snobby, but based on the splash screen (too hard to center things and distribute negative space in a coherent manner?) and new logos, and according to others the dark mode, Avid’s core expertise is not graphic design, so don’t expect it of them.

A- for effort, Avid. Not a needed or requested thing, but nice try. B- for execution, because while I like it and find it useful, it would be nice to adjust the brightness of the regions like you can the track colours, others are uncomfortable with the new thing and don’t like it just because it’s different, or maybe their monitors are badly calibrated, or... you can’t please everyone.
Why not just delete the FB360 plugins from the plugin folder? Don't move them to the unused plugins folder but delete them. I've got like 200+ plugins in my plugins folder and have never had PT crash - or are you talking about having 100+ plugins in a session?

What's wrong with having skins for PT? Just because they might become available doesn't mean you HAVE to use them. Let people use what they want.

QAPLA!
Old 11-18-2020, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKG View Post
Actually the dark mode is not so bad after I played with the saturation and brightness settings a bit.
That's part of the trick. The other is to adjust the brightness & contrast of your monitor. Helped here a lot.

QAPLA!
Old 11-18-2020, 07:38 AM

Here's one I quickly made to better go with Apple's new design direction (fits nicely next to Logic's new icon):

https://bit.ly/3f94uRf

Quote:
Originally Posted by blemished View Post
Thanks so much for this - sooooo much better than the garish kindergarten purple version!
Old 11-18-2020, 08:46 AM

That hack from "rampartthemovie" on page 9 of this thread looks so much better to me - see attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 16.35.26.jpg (52.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-18-2020, 09:22 AM

it seems some people are more concerned with how it "looks" than about how easy it is to USE

I still don't see how dark mode makes using PT easier.
quite the opp, in fact
Old 11-18-2020, 09:36 AM

Darkmode gang stand up. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2020, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale View Post
Nope.

That means Reaper-like tragedies with skins and things.

[...]

You want skins? Lots of other options out there.
No. It doesn't have to mean skins at all. See the Colors heading in Ableton Live's preferences panel. And please spare us the condescension. Most of us are professionals as well with our own particular use cases, needs and priorities.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 12.48.11.jpg (23.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-18-2020, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingleDjango View Post
No. It doesn't have to mean skins at all. See the Colors heading in Ableton Live's preferences panel. And please spare us the condescension. Most of us are professionals as well with our own particular use cases, needs and priorities.
Thank You!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————