Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2020, 02:32 PM

Default Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Give HDX *at least* the same voice count as a non-HDX interface

My guess is that they are working to make HD resources allocatable. If I were them I'd make it so you can choose where you put those resources.

That's how I'd like to see it happen.

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 11-06-2020, 02:03 AM

Default Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Give HDX *at least* the same voice count as a non-HDX interface

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJENSEN View Post
Who would believe this anymore.
Here we go

https://connect.avid.com/Avid-Audio-Events.html

Sooner than I thought though.
Old 11-07-2020, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Lie View Post
My guess is that they are working to make HD resources allocatable. If I were them I'd make it so you can choose where you put those resources.

That's how I'd like to see it happen.

C
I thought this was unbelievable a couple days ago but it looks like you might be right.
Old 11-07-2020, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhoof View Post
Here we go

https://connect.avid.com/Avid-Audio-Events.html

Sooner than I thought though.
Hahaha, nice!

Well, yes! And let's hope that they have the actual product ready this time and it's not a sneak peak like with folder tracks, where we had to wait at least another half year to get access to it!
Old 11-13-2020, 12:37 PM

So, this was wishful thinking after all..
Old 11-13-2020, 03:19 PM

The optimist in me hopes that the additional voices are still coming -- for free, but we still need to pay for the hybrid engine. That would still be pretty great imho.
Old 11-16-2020, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJENSEN View Post
So, this was wishful thinking after all..
Yeah I was told about the hybrid engine coming to HDX, they have been working on it for some time now, did not see the useless music box coming first. And I'm not even sure this type of hybrid implementation is worth the wait...
Old 11-16-2020, 08:00 AM

Given AVID's track record, it might take quite a while before they will actually be able to release it. Even then, I wouldn't jump on the first couple of releases, but wait a bit to be absolutely sure it is stable and working. If they're at all sure it will work with the current HDX cards. God knows what may pop up again this time.

This, and some other concerns, make me conclude that I will no longer renew my updates subscription as of current November.