Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2009, 04:38 PM

Cool Certifications are coming ... Brain Dumps anyone

Okay, maybe not a 'this is the actual 101, 110, or 210M/P' tests, but are there any great study guides, flash cards, etc for the tests? I'm taking the 101 next week, the 110 in three weeks, and will be paying to take both the 210M and 210P... So, here's a little background, I attend Full Sail in Florida, they kindly offer certification, I really want to pass cert, so, I'm collecting all of the asset materials I need to do really really well.

I already know that a lot of the first two tests will be centered around becoming a Digidesign Sales rep, lol, knowing what was created when, by whom, etc.. And I also know all of my quickkeys, on both Mac and Windows side, but there's things I need to delve into further..

For instance, can MIDI be saved in a session? How can you save reWire'd application settings? Do you need to go into the host app that's being rewired, and save them there? Or do you simply bust out a pen and paper and start making recall sheets?

I'd love to find any flashcards (especially for the 210p) as I hear everyone gets stumped when it comes to the post side of things.

Thanks a million! Happily this is my first thread on here... (*waves to Jay-J Hernandez)

-Mark D
Old 05-21-2009, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Certifications are coming ... Brain Dumps anyone

MIDI data already written on a MIDI/Instrument track in PT? Yeah, it saves when you save your session.

For re-wire, go to the re-wired app, save the file (usually, I name it the whatever the PT song is, and what instrument/instruments it is. Like, say it's Reason, and there is a piano, a synth, and Re-drum; I'd name it "Song Title_pianoSynthReDrum), and it will recall the settings when that session is opened.

HP Pavilion P6000, AMD Athlon II X2 240 (2.8GHz), FOXCONN 2AB1 MoBo, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS, Two WD Caviar Black Internal500 gig, One WD External 300 Gig, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit, SD2, Metal Foundry, Focusrite Saffire 6, PT 9.03 (stable), Gibson Les Paul Studio (Drop D), Fender Tele (nashville tuning), hand built Carvin Bolt (finished!)
Old 05-21-2009, 07:21 PM

um. . . well. .

"wave" back at you I guess...

Crazy. . not sure why I even read this post but saw the wave..

Nuts..

Jay-J
Old 05-21-2009, 09:34 PM

Best way to study...read the books you bought!

Mac Pro 2008 (Harpertown) -- OS X 10.8.2 -- 16GB RAM -- WD Black Drives -- UA Apollo Quad -- Pro Tools 10 w/ CPTK
Old 05-22-2009, 04:18 PM

Talking Re: Certifications are coming ... Brain Dumps anyone

Thanks, yes, the study guides and practices have helped much!

I found some decent flashcards on flashcardmachine.com, I wouldn't trust the ones found on flashcardexchange (maybe the 210M and P)

_________

Thanks for waving back Shifted! Been a minute since I saw you at WAX records in LA.. I think you were playing King King that night..

_________

Big ups to everyone for the advice!
Old 05-22-2009, 04:29 PM

oh [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] wax records. . that's going back a minute...

so PT working out for ya??? If you need anything let me know. I love pro tools an do some screen sharing sessions with friends to help them along. . . a few minutes goes a long way...

J

feel free to hit me up...

jay-j ( at ) shiftedmusic (dott) com
Old 05-22-2009, 04:40 PM

Thanks Jay,

I'm absolutely loving PT8, I'm considering getting Micro just so I can work on my laptop in between classes here at Full Sail.

I've also been rewiring all my old Logic sessions and find the ProTools has way better resolution and handles plugs a whole lot better :)

PS... have you tried the esessions' virtual glass plug? It's pretty simple yet dope! I've gotten some good freelance gigs using it..
Old 05-23-2009, 09:43 AM

After taking 101 last night, which I barely missed (re-take is on thursday), I discovered that at the end of the test, it said you got 39 of 45, but my email sent by digi says I got 39 of 50... which is it? Do they randomly remove 5 questions which could've been correct or do the new beat detective algorythm experts (tongue in cheek) also grade certification tests? This happened to about twenty people in class, we are going to take screenshots of this screen on the retake, and I know for a fact I didn't miss eleven questions, I know of six I did, either way, it's one shy of passing or 11 shy of passing, but I feel that I was jipped, and am wondering if anyone else had this type of issue.. trust me, I'll study the 8 areas it said I need to restudy, but if I missed 11, how come it only advises to study 8 sections (which would be possible if I only missed six since some topics are covered twice in the 101 book)... scratches head..

Are there any test admins on this forum that could maybe clarify this apparent glitch in the grading of the 101?