Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2010, 11:25 AM

Unhappy Hum and DC from center monitor. Anyone know if it's the PS or Monitor board?

Hi there all you control 24 owners / users...

Besides the left channel being intermittent, now I have a loud hum with lots of DC in it. It goes away when I press the mute on the monitor section, with a loud THUMP (the DC).

Before I tear this thing apart, (meaning my studio will be totally down while it is) has anyone run into this before? Since the other audio channels seem fine, I'm thinking it's the MONITOR BOARD, and not the PS. ANYONE?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:15 AM

Default Re: Hum and DC from center monitor. Anyone know if it's the PS or Monitor board?

OK, so the hum just went away, and part of my ch strip is working again. Bad connectors or power supply?

Anyone???
Old 12-18-2010, 01:42 AM

Default Re: Hum and DC from center monitor. Anyone know if it's the PS or Monitor board?

Best bet is to have someone check your console out. Sorry that I don't have better imput for you.