Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2006, 04:00 PM

Default Command-8 connected to Digi002R HELP !

Hi, I know this is going to sound simple, but being new to this I need some direction. I had the mbox2 installed on my windows compuer with verison 7pt. Worked great. Then I moved up to the digi 002R. Worked evern better. Having so much fun, I purchased a near new Command 8. Now, am like a calf looing at a new gate. I don't have a clue how to connect the command-8 to the digi 002r and then to the computer. I have one M-Audio oxgen-8 midi controler also. The command-8 manual does not cover this in detail nor does the digi002r manual. I would greatly thank anyone who can walk me through these steps. Thank you again for you time, Jim

UPDATE: When I select surface under the midi out and in, PT sees the board and everything works, I think. The NEW problem now is I can't hear anythng out of the monitors! They are connected to the digi002r, but still nothing. I can hear the mix only through the headphone jack and only on the digi002r and not at all through the command 8. I am sure it's a matter of connections, but still don't know how to interface these two units. Thanks for you help, Jim

Old 01-04-2006, 07:48 AM

Default Re: Command-8 connected to Digi002R HELP !

Quote:
Hi, I know this is going to sound simple, but being new to this I need some direction. I had the mbox2 installed on my windows compuer with verison 7pt. Worked great. Then I moved up to the digi 002R. Worked evern better. Having so much fun, I purchased a near new Command 8. Now, am like a calf looing at a new gate. I don't have a clue how to connect the command-8 to the digi 002r and then to the computer. I have one M-Audio oxgen-8 midi controler also. The command-8 manual does not cover this in detail nor does the digi002r manual. I would greatly thank anyone who can walk me through these steps. Thank you again for you time, Jim

UPDATE: When I select surface under the midi out and in, PT sees the board and everything works, I think. The NEW problem now is I can't hear anythng out of the monitors! They are connected to the digi002r, but still nothing. I can hear the mix only through the headphone jack and only on the digi002r and not at all through the command 8. I am sure it's a matter of connections, but still don't know how to interface these two units. Thanks for you help, Jim
The C/8 connects to your computer via USB, not to the 002R.
You have to connect your monitor outputs on the 002R to the monitor inputs on the C/8. Then connect your monitors to the outputs on the C/8. If you can hear from the phones output on the 002R I don't see why the monitor output isn't working. Check all your connections again.
Command/8
PTLE 7.1 MPT
www.clearspotrecording.com
Old 01-04-2006, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Command-8 connected to Digi002R HELP !

Thank you for the advise. I followed your lead and everything works perfect now! Thanks again for your time!