How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Monthly Subscription won't renew on iLok

Sorry for the trouble here. I see that your support case is still open and we are working to resolve this. We have also made sure your license is current so you should not have any interruption in running Pro Tools.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:39 PM

Jeffro, the case doesn't say that it's closed, but after I have sent proof that the bank account address and the details I've entered on my avid account match. There's been complete radio silence from avid customer care. 8 hours and counting. No acknowledgement of the photographic proof. (replies to the conversation prior to this were being sent within 20 minutes). It seems like avid have given up trying to fix the error, or don't want to acknowledge there's a problem. With no reply, (which is incredibly frustrating) I'm left waiting for the expiration warning to appear again, with the possibility of my living being detrimentally effected. By posting on this forum, supplying photographic evidence and starting my 3rd support case with avid on this matter. I have now done everything that I can to resolve this matter, and my livelihood is now at the mercy of avid customer care. Who faced with irrefutable photographic evidence that what they are saying (my avid shipping and credit card address'do not match) is incorrect, have decided to go underground.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Hicks View Post
Jeffro, the case doesn't say that it's closed, but after I have sent proof that the bank account address and the details I've entered on my avid account match. There's been complete radio silence from avid customer care. 8 hours and counting. No acknowledgement of the photographic proof. (replies to the conversation prior to this were being sent within 20 minutes). It seems like avid have given up trying to fix the error, or don't want to acknowledge there's a problem. With no reply, (which is incredibly frustrating) I'm left waiting for the expiration warning to appear again, with the possibility of my living being detrimentally effected. By posting on this forum, supplying photographic evidence and starting my 3rd support case with avid on this matter. I have now done everything that I can to resolve this matter, and my livelihood is now at the mercy of avid customer care. Who faced with irrefutable photographic evidence that what they are saying (my avid shipping and credit card address'do not match) is incorrect, have decided to go underground.
Hey Will, There's no intent to ignore you (it's midnight here so that's probably why you haven't received a response). My understanding is that there's a discrepancy in the address matching service that our web store relies on as part of the billing process. Not sure how long that takes to resolve but as I said via one of the case responses you have a valid license through next month which should be way more time than needed to solve this. You have already provided your info, so creating another support case is not necessary. Sorry that this is causing concern but we will work this out. Thanks.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:11 AM

It was 3 o'clock in the afternoon where you guys are, when all conversation regarding my support ticket ceased. (It was sent 9 hours ago). That's why I opened another support ticket. I'll await a reply from avid customer care when you re open.

Last edited by jeffro; 02-14-2017 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Address discrepency resolved and payment processed 2/12.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:59 PM

I am having the same expired subscription problem, even though when I log into the Avid account page, it confirms that I am up to date with payments, subscriptions, etc. I had a recording scheduled for this morning that failed, and cannot get rescheduled, which really is sticking in my craw. I need this fixed ASAP. I have tried everything, syncing my iLok through the iLok manager, using the Application Manager to make sure everything is up to date, but nothing. Whenever I launch Pro Tools, I get an error saying that my license is expired.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi.Little View Post
I am having the same expired subscription problem, even though when I log into the Avid account page, it confirms that I am up to date with payments, subscriptions, etc. I had a recording scheduled for this morning that failed, and cannot get rescheduled, which really is sticking in my craw. I need this fixed ASAP. I have tried everything, syncing my iLok through the iLok manager, using the Application Manager to make sure everything is up to date, but nothing. Whenever I launch Pro Tools, I get an error saying that my license is expired.
Welcome to the community.

Will escalate your support case, but I see that your product in my.avid.com has Auto-Renewal: OFF. Did you disable this prior to your renewal date (2/1)?
Old 02-13-2017, 08:04 PM

No, i disabled the renewal today. I am not comfortable with an auto renewal for a product that isnt working. If it is fixed, and I can reliably count on my Pro Tools subscription to be available for future recordings, I will reenable it. My current subscription auto renewed on Feb 1.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:17 AM

Quote:
No, i disabled the renewal today. I am not comfortable with an auto renewal for a product that isnt working. If it is fixed, and I can reliably count on my Pro Tools subscription to be available for future recordings, I will reenable it. My current subscription auto renewed on Feb 1.
Sorry for the disruption. Deposited temp licenses to get you up and running, and I see your case was assigned so you can expect a case notice email to follow up on this.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Sorry for the disruption. Deposited temp licenses to get you up and running, and I see your case was assigned so you can expect a case notice email to follow up on this.
Thanks, I put the temp licenses on my iLok, and started Pro Tools 12.7 (what I currently have), and I get this error before it quits

"You are trying to run a newer version of Pro Tools than allowed by your license. You can uninstall this version of Pro Tools and reinstall any version of Pro Tools that is supported by your license, or visit your MyAvid Account to renew your upgrade plan."

So, I am still currently "i-locked" out
Old 02-14-2017, 03:26 PM

Quote:
...started Pro Tools 12.7 (what I currently have), and I get this error before it quits

"You are trying to run a newer version of Pro Tools than allowed by your license...
I'm sorry, this was my fault. Fixed so please try again.