Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2002, 01:11 PM

Default MasterList CD for Windows ever?

Just wondering in Digi will ever make MasterList CD for Windows. Or, do they have it already? (last time I checked was a few months ago).

Thanks,
Ron
Old 01-03-2002, 11:41 AM
Avid

Default Re: MasterList CD for Windows ever?

-There are currently no plans that I am aware to make MLCD compatible with Windows systems.

Although I'm sure there are others out there, I know of three Audio CD burning applications which are compatible with the Red Book standard (like MLCD) for Windows systems:
-CD Architect (Sonic Foundry)
-Wavelab (Steinberg)
-Red Roaster (Seek’d)

Brent
Old 01-30-2002, 06:33 AM

Red Roaster is dead and buried. By this I mean that SEKD America will not acknowledge it. Also, MAGIX, another importer of SEKD products, will offer no help, just point to SEKD. SEKD just points to MAGIX. Phone calls to SEKD Germany get nothing but an answering machine. E-Mails to SEKD Germany ellicits nothing but a German language response telling you to go to SEKD America. I got this BS ad infinitum.

I suggest you stay away from this program and anything they have as these people are more deceptive than helpful. I am stuck with this program. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2002, 09:06 AM

I too own Red Roaster, this is dead and gone, do not buy anything from Sek'd. It wasn't that great anyway.

I also own Sonic Foundrys CD Architech for the PC, and that is simply an excellent program. Graphical view of your waveforms with really easy PQ editing, crossfades, and the level adjustments really work. I have never had one problem with it.

If they made it for the Mac I would probably buy it, but I'd have to think twice because you would not be able to get all the great support from Digi and other users on the DUC [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Maybe Digi will go ahead and make MLCD really kick ass with GUI and drag/drop capabilities, like a mini PT's.

Anyone second that motion?
Old 02-07-2002, 06:16 PM

FWIW MLCD already has drag and drop.

I'd much rather see DDP disk image support than more features that are redundant to Pro Tools. While there are several applications available for Windows, there is nothing under 10 grand available on a Mac and it would probably be a trivial modification of MLCD's current disk image capability.
Old 02-08-2002, 09:37 AM

Bob,

You mean drag and drop file names, not waveforms...right? I don't have a graphical view in MLCD.

Jeff
Old 05-20-2002, 10:32 PM

Do you know if CD Architect is compatible with Adaptec Direct CD? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]