Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2016, 05:17 AM

Default HELP : Mbox Pro 3 cannot connect to Mac on OS X El Capitan

Hi there,

I am a brand new user of Avid audio products and Mac OS. I am coming from the dark side (The PC world). So I just received the MBox Pro, and thought it would be simple to connect the box to the Mac (I have a Macbook pro under El Capitan OS).
I downloaded and installed the latest version of the driver (1.3.2) connected the thunderbolt-Firewire adapter to the Mbox and the firewire cable from Mbox to the adapter, using the FW 400 to 800 connector provided in the box. I plugged the A/C of the Mbox and Started it. But when I open the Mbox Pro interface I get a message at the bottom of the screen : "Hardware Not Connected"
So, I tried to
- stop the Mbox and restart it,
- Restart the Mac while the Mbox is up
- the other FW plug on the Mbox,
- uninstall the driver and got the same error "5364" that I've seen in other topics in this forum.
Now I don't know what to do to solve this issue.
Rgds,

Bruno
Old 01-27-2016, 12:57 AM

Default Re: HELP : Mbox Pro 3 cannot connect to Mac on OS X El Capitan

Hello All,
My post didn't receive any answer, but I'm really in trouble with the Avid Mbox Pro 3. Is it due to the FW400 to FW800 adapter (provided by AVID) ? Should I try a "native" 400-800 cable ? The Thunderbolt to FW adapter is ok, I can see it in the system report.

My config is the following :
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15", mid-2015)
OS X El Capitan, 10.11.3 (15D21)
Processor 2,5 GHz Intel Core i7
RAM : 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
SSD 512 GB
Graphic card : AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 Mo
Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter

I Thank you in advance for any help you could give me.
Rgds,
MacBook Pro Retina 15" mid 2015, OS X El Capitan
Old 01-29-2016, 08:35 AM

Default Re: HELP : Mbox Pro 3 cannot connect to Mac on OS X El Capitan

Hello there,
I am not posting here to help, unfortunately.
However, everything was working OK for me, until just about an hour ago, when I unplugged my mic from the MBOX, it was on, then suddenly it wasn't recognizable anymore, and all the lights started flashing on the device. I cannot uninstall the drivers same as you. I think it is an issue present in the latest driver released for El Capitan, for it is my OS too, and i just got the mbox working for this OS. I am also looking for help my friend, waiting for a reply just like you now.