How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 05-14-2017, 08:32 AM

Default Re: Cloud Users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR250 View Post
I had moderate success at first, working with one other person who purchased PT for collaboration. Had a lot of sync discrepancies that made me question if I was actually hearing all my updates, and got a lot of errors opening projects and crashing. Opening sessions were error free and loaded much faster. Eventually projects stopped working and could no longer open projects without an error code (upgraded storage plan with free space available). Couldn't get Avid to resolve the issue without paying more money to purchase a support plan. Gave up on the whole idea and just use OneDrive to transfer now without issues. A company shouldn't require you to purchase an additional support plan to fix bugs.
We had a similar experience. At some point, I believe we were told that in certain rare instances, if you were one of the first people to use cloud collaboration, the early accounts may have had a cloud storage provider issue. I spoke with someone at Avid Connect this year about that. At present, we were able to cancel our cloud subscription, start a new plan, and that particular issue seemed to go away.

Billy, I know you mentioned a scenario where the green up arrows would appear even though you hadn't touched the session. Can you elaborate on that at all? We had a problem where that was happening, and I think we narrowed it down to inserts that were in a "bypassed" state.

The scenario would be, user A creates a project and uploads to the cloud. User B is invited to join, joins and then downloads the project. But without touching a thing, user B starts to see green upload arrows on a few tracks. False flags, one might say.

Has anyone experienced anything like this and been able to narrow it down?
Old 05-24-2017, 02:59 PM

We are having lots of issues getting sessions to completely upload. Had to delete and start over several times. Also shutting down PT takes for ever once the Project has been closed. So far not real impressed, underwhelmed.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:43 AM

The scenario i posted about is definitely related to automation - it reads either plugin or track automation as a change and then wants to post it. I know it's a fix they are working on for 12.8. It's irritating, but it hasn't caused any issues for us except for some confusion as to what was changed.