Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 06-11-2010, 02:22 AM

Exclamation midi editor Horizontal scrolling is very slow in PTS LE v8.0.3

1) In the midi editor Horizontal scrolling is very slow not normal for example vertical scrolling in comparison. I use a program called; PT 8 Horizontal Scroll Fix 1.0.exe to work quickly hence the fact this was created, I am sure this is a bug. Does CS2 resolve this issue?

2) Midi editor if a click on a time line on a spot bar or time, for example a place which a want to edit, with audio I could click on the spot (Place) then click open up and zoom in at that place or where I have placed my cursor or have clicked ect...
I should be able to do the same in the midi editor?, however I can't seem to get this one sorted. Should the midi editor not work the same as audio?....how would I click on or in a place which I want to edit (midi editor) and go directly to the place which have I clicked, by double clicking on the midi track. With audio if a click on the time line on for example track then double click it opens up where I have clicked. How would I do the same with the midi editor?
Old 06-11-2010, 02:48 AM

Default Re: midi editor Horizontal scrolling is very slow in PTS LE v8.0.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre67 View Post
1) In the midi editor Horizontal scrolling is very slow not normal for example vertical scrolling in comparison. I use a program called; PT 8 Horizontal Scroll Fix 1.0.exe to work quickly hence the fact this was created, I am sure this is a bug. Does CS2 resolve this issue?
I just tested this and you are correct. This bug was fixed in 8.0.1. The fix was for the Edit Window though. It looks like this was somehow missed. The Horizontal Scroll Fix utility was created for the Edit Window initially, but it would also apply to all horizontal scrolling throughout the PT UI. My MIDI work is all done inline in the Edit window, hence I never noticed this issue myself. This is definitely a bug that needs to be logged.

Quote:
2) Midi editor if a click on a time line on a spot bar or time, for example a place which a want to edit, with audio I could click on the spot (Place) then click open up and zoom in at that place or where I have placed my cursor or have clicked ect...
I should be able to do the same in the midi editor?, however I can't seem to get this one sorted. Should the midi editor not work the same as audio?....how would I click on or in a place which I want to edit (midi editor) and go directly to the place which have I clicked, by double clicking on the midi track. With audio if a click on the time line on for example track then double click it opens up where I have clicked. How would I do the same with the midi editor?
This one I'm not quite following.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 06-11-2010, 03:29 PM

Exclamation Re: midi editor Horizontal scrolling is very slow in PTS LE v8.0.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
I just tested this and you are correct. This bug was fixed in 8.0.1. The fix was for the Edit Window though. It looks like this was somehow missed. The Horizontal Scroll Fix utility was created for the Edit Window initially, but it would also apply to all horizontal scrolling throughout the PT UI. My MIDI work is all done inline in the Edit window, hence I never noticed this issue myself. This is definitely a bug that needs to be logged.

Shane
How do one log this bug?
Old 06-11-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
How do one log this bug?
You can log it here, and there might be a chance that someone might even see it here in the forum and report it.

Shane

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 06-18-2010, 06:42 AM

Exclamation Re: midi editor Horizontal scrolling is very slow in PTS LE v8.0.3

Quote:

Shane
I will attempt to explain this again:
When one click on the a particular place (Bar and or time) on a audio recorded tack, I would place my cursor on spot (bar) then if I double click on the spot it take me directly to that place which I want to edit so I could edit in that place (bar or measure). Now with the midi editor if I do the same it takes me to the begin of the midi track instead of the spot (bar or measure) where I placed my cursor and click on.
As far as I know midi works the way audio in terms of editing tools, or is this feature different to the audio. If so how would I do this then, meaning place my cursor on the midi track on a spot (bar or measure) click on the (bar or measure) so I could go to selected spot (bar or measure) to edit my selected spot (place in a bar or time on the track).

I hope this is more clear....
Old 06-18-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
I will attempt to explain this again:
When one click on the a particular place (Bar and or time) on a audio recorded tack, I would place my cursor on spot (bar) then if I double click on the spot it take me directly to that place which I want to edit so I could edit in that place (bar or measure). Now with the midi editor if I do the same it takes me to the begin of the midi track instead of the spot (bar or measure) where I placed my cursor and click on.

I hope this is more clear....
Someone else will have to chime in as I don't understand what your're trying to do. Double clicking an audio region with the selector tool will select the entire audio region. Triple clicking will select all the audio in the track. Probably best if you do a screen cast to demonstrate. Use Jing.

Shane

Old 06-21-2010, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Someone else will have to chime in as I don't understand what your're trying to do. Double clicking an audio region with the selector tool will select the entire audio region. Triple clicking will select all the audio in the track. Probably best if you do a screen cast to demonstrate. Use Jing.

Shane
After I capture, where do I upload this to for you to look at?
Old 06-21-2010, 05:40 AM

Quote:

Shane
After I do the capture, where do I upload this to for you to look at?
Old 07-12-2010, 07:06 PM

Horizontal scrolling still really slow in 8.0.4

edit - see http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread...43#post1636443