Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 12-01-2009, 09:47 AM

Default 35% off Waves everything

New December special. Just a heads up.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:59 AM

Default Re: 35% off Waves everything

Can't find this...

Where is it?

EDIT Found it, but it's slightly unclear what the discount is (i.e. there's only one price shown.) Is it taken off in the checkout process?
Old 12-01-2009, 10:11 AM

It's available through any waves dealer. You never want to buy off the waves site as it's full MSRP retail price. Dealer prices are always cheaper to begin with, and then become even cheaper with the Waves monthly specials (these change every month, Waves sells it to the dealer cheaper, and then they pass it on to the customer).

Sweetwater.com has already changed their prices to reflect the discount (some dealers, especially online, don't always keep up with the monthly specials).

By the way, afaik, this is the biggest discount they've ever done that I'm aware of.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post

By the way, afaik, this is the biggest discount they've ever done that I'm aware of.
It was 35% of TDM last month too but it was only 25% on Native . I chose that promotion to go Mercury+SCC .
Old 12-01-2009, 02:21 PM

Hell, they'll make that back the first year, and every year, you pay for the right to upgrade. And if you don't pay then you'll have to re-purchase the plugs when you eventually have to upgrade. If you don't own Waves, I suggest not getting suckered in. There's plenty other good plugs out there with better upgrade options.
There.... I needed to get that off my chest.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cawbaby View Post
And if you don't pay then you'll have to re-purchase the plugs when you eventually have to upgrade.
That is not correct!! no matter how long your WUP lapsed, you only have to pay $200 to re-WUP your bundle. so even after many years if you want to upgrade/update then you only pay the WUP fee of $200 to get back to having a years WUP. (less if you only have one or two plugins etc, as its only about 20% of the single plugin price to re-wup)

Its a good idea to try and combine all your plugs and bundles in to one bundle so as to only pay one WUP fee. sometimes this can be done from your waves account taking the upgrade link and upgrading to another bundle etc or contact waves/waves dealer to see if they can do it for you.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:32 AM

Sorry, I don't mean to give out the wrong info. I've just paid at least 200.00 on WUP fees on one plug over a few years that seemed unwarranted. Waves
runs their upgrade program different then the other plug-in companies I deal with.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:36 AM

Just got the SSL4000 and CLA bundles through Sweetwater... Whoo Hooo!
Old 12-02-2009, 01:00 PM

Hey those Sweetwater guys are cool guys! Just watch out for that Brad guy though---- I'm a HUGE Waves user (and that's not just because I eat a lot of donuts!) and have their MERCURY TDM + STUDIO CLASSICS TDM----in other words, EVERYTHING! To be honest I have about $35,000 - $40,000 in TDM plugins but find myself using the Waves almost exclusively for EQ, Compression, and basic effects. With the way their DSP sharing works, I receive so much more DSP allocation on my mixes. I deal with LARGE sessions, so that matters to me. My point is.....I have many plugins I don't use anymore, ones I've forgotten that I own---all because of the Waves stuff.

So this 35% off---it's worth a serious look as this is THE BEST deal I've ever seen them do.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
That is not correct!! no matter how long your WUP lapsed, you only have to pay $200 to re-WUP your bundle. so even after many years if you want to upgrade/update then you only pay the WUP fee of $200 to get back to having a years WUP. (less if you only have one or two plugins etc, as its only about 20% of the single plugin price to re-wup)

Its a good idea to try and combine all your plugs and bundles in to one bundle so as to only pay one WUP fee. sometimes this can be done from your waves account taking the upgrade link and upgrading to another bundle etc or contact waves/waves dealer to see if they can do it for you.

Chris
not true.my buddy had gold bundle and it was a couple versions behind and he updated and had to pay $400.
Macpro 2.88-4 Gig Ram,HD2,Big Ben,Rosetta 200,Dangerous D Box,Mercury Bundle + Studio classics bundle ,C/24,2-UA 6176,U87ai,Genelec 8050 & 8020,Logic,Final Cut Studio 2,Canon hxa1(hd camera)-Macbook Pro,Mbox 2 Micro.http://www.masterlinkstudios.com/.http://www.myspace.com/masterlinkstudios