Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2013, 01:02 PM
GNA

Default 'Phaser' Sound Problem w/ Drums (Multiple Plug-Ins)

I've been using Pro Tools M-Powered 8 for several years with a Fast Track Ultra audio device. I've never had this problem previously, but I've been recording drum MIDI using plugins like Strike and Xpand, and the playback sounds like a phaser effect has been added to the drums, particularly on the snare. It effects all of the kit sounds, though. This just started happening within the past two weeks.

I have never changed any of the settings on the audio device, it's not running any effects of its own, and I've created many sessions previously and recorded drum MIDI without a problem. I don't hear any of the phaser effect when recording. The plugins play perfectly. But the playback is terrible.

Even if I'm just running two instances of Xpand and nothing else, I'm getting the problem on playback. So I can't imagine that there would be a problem with system resources. I never run anything in the background when using Pro Tools, and I haven't changed my recording setup.

And, to reiterate, this is affecting drum sounds from two distinct plugins: Xpand and Strike.

Can anyone provide advice or a fix for this? What am I missing?
Old 09-15-2014, 10:52 AM

Default Re: 'Phaser' Sound Problem w/ Drums (Multiple Plug-Ins)

I know this is an old post, but I recently experienced the same thing, mostly on the overhead tracks of the drum. Did you ever get it fixed?
Old 09-15-2014, 11:48 AM

Default Re: 'Phaser' Sound Problem w/ Drums (Multiple Plug-Ins)

I would say ADC - and buffer problems but with out full computer specs - it's hard to tell.
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.