Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2015, 06:32 AM

Default Re: AFL/PFL not working since updated to PT12

Broadcast mode setting has gone as you now do it via the I/O monitor setting which is more flexible - if you set the AFL/PFL output setting to be your main speaker out it behaves as if Broadcast Mode was off, if you set the AFL/PFL output setting to be some other output than the main speakers the AFL gets split to that without disrupting the main speaker output - as if Broadcast Mode was On.

Pete
Old 10-25-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Gates View Post
Broadcast mode setting has gone as you now do it via the I/O monitor setting which is more flexible - if you set the AFL/PFL output setting to be your main speaker out it behaves as if Broadcast Mode was off, if you set the AFL/PFL output setting to be some other output than the main speakers the AFL gets split to that without disrupting the main speaker output - as if Broadcast Mode was On.

Pete
Hi Pete,

thx for your infos. This is what I did.

But when I set the AFL/PFL output setting to be my MainSpeakerOut, then also XMON's Cue1 out gots overwritten by the AFL/PFL signal. This is the problem I am having !

I cannot listen AFL/PFL while an artist is singing/playing without interrupting his Cue1 signal which goes to the recording room and should remain untouched.

Edit: If I am using PT 11.3.2 all is fine !
MacPro5,1 ; 6-Core Intel Xeon 3,46 GHz, 32 Gig Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K5000 with 3 displays connected  OSX10.15.7  Pro Tools|HDX Ultimate 2023.6  HD I/O&192Digital&96&96i I/Os  D-Command ES  4xUnitor8 & 2xAMT8
Old 10-25-2015, 09:07 AM

That will happen if your Cue source is set to Main, it shouldn't (and doesn't happen here on my D-Control) if you set it to source from Cue input 1-3.

Cheers,
Pete
Old 10-26-2015, 01:07 AM

Quote:
That will happen if your Cue source is set to Main, it shouldn't (and doesn't happen here on my D-Control) if you set it to source from Cue input 1-3.

Cheers,
Pete
Yes of course. Though Cue input source is set to C1 and NOT Main, the Cue signal gets overwritten by the AFL/PFL signal.

Like I wrote, when I use PT11 all is fine, so I would say it is NOT a hardware failure.
MacPro5,1 ; 6-Core Intel Xeon 3,46 GHz, 32 Gig Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K5000 with 3 displays connected  OSX10.15.7  Pro Tools|HDX Ultimate 2023.6  HD I/O&192Digital&96&96i I/Os  D-Command ES  4xUnitor8 & 2xAMT8
Old 10-26-2015, 01:42 AM

You got me beat then! It works as expected here, was just going through the usual ways it may not work, I'll have a think and a play.

Good luck,
Pete
Old 10-26-2015, 06:21 AM

Quote:
You got me beat then! It works as expected here, was just going through the usual ways it may not work, I'll have a think and a play.

Good luck,
Pete
Same here.

Sounds as if the X-Mon is still muting an output when engaging AFL/PFL.

Try toggling that when you have PT11 launched.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
Same here.

Sounds as if the X-Mon is still muting an output when engaging AFL/PFL.

Try toggling that when you have PT11 launched.
Good idea. I will try and report back.

Thx all for checking
Old 10-26-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanswurstlsepp View Post
Good idea. I will try and report back.

Thx all for checking
No - didn't help

Probably another bug "in very care cases" ... ... ...
Old 11-06-2016, 04:32 AM

Hi,

another year is over and I still cannot get AFL/PFL to work like it used to work using PT11.
Maybe any "new things" I could try ?

Thx
Old 11-08-2016, 09:00 PM

Here's an option that you might consider:
Since Pro Tools Solo kills not only all track main out, it also kills all post-fader sends, BUT a track mute does NOT mute Pre-fader sends(both of these traits make it unwise to solo anything while tracking talent), I came up with a method of "solo" that bypasses all of the above. Plus it allows me to "solo" AUX tracks without worry about muting/killing routing TO those AUX tracks.

Here's how I do it. on ALL my tracks in session templates, and all my track presets, I fill the bottom send(send J, IIRC) with a Pre-fader send that is muted by default. Instead of hitting a SOLO button, I do a Ctrl-click on this send(or on as many as I want) and this AUX routes to a separate stereo output that shows up as an input option on my monitor/source controller(Presonus Central Station here, but most controllers can handle this). So, I can, in effect, "solo" anything, without affecting anything else in the session. It may seem a bit whacky, but if you have a spare set of analog outputs, it could be an effective solution, especially if its easy to access send mute state on your control surface

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave