Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Storage Subsystems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2009, 08:30 AM

Default Please HELP! w/ my new VelociRaptor

I just upgraded to PT 8 and realized I needed a computer upgrade. So I got a 2 dual core(4 x 2.3 ghz i think), vista gateway machine w. a 650 gig 7200rpm hard drive. After realizing I needed to "downgrade" to ultimate vista 32 bit as the machine was preinstalled w/ 64 bit ,(a big fat headache in itself) I finally got pro tools running. On one hard drive it allready outperforms my other machine, although I haven't tried record and playback at the same time......

So I wanted to get the "best" recording hard drive possible in my budget. I decided on the 150 gig 10,000 rpm VelociRaptor.I finally got it installed and partitioned. I did a basic disc format and chose 32K for the allocation size and made 3 partitions of about 40 gig apiece. I copied some sessions from my external USB drive that I use for storage to it and try to open them and I get the old "this is not a valid audio volume" message when i try to switch it in the workspace.

I have tried reformat the disc, I have tried deleting my preferences and digidesign databases, I have reinstalled Pro Tools, I have done the optimization and troubleshooting adjustments as described on the boards. It's been 3 10-hour days now........

I CANT GET THIS SUCKER TO WORK! HELP PLEASE

I'm on my way out now to see if I can get a firewire drive to work. I'm allready way over budget. and i'm afraid my next purchase will be a baseball bat. any suggestions will be appreciated.thanx
Old 12-14-2009, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Please HELP! w/ my new VelociRaptor

Why would you partition it, if it was only to be used for Pro Tools audio? Enlighten me please.