Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2009, 09:59 AM

Cool Function keys on Control 24

Has anyone using a Control 24 ever figured out (and, subsequently, mapped) what the function keys actually do? Since upgrading to PT LE 8.XX I'll look over there every once in a while and see the F10 button lit up for no apparent reason. Pressing the button has no effect. Then, a few moments later, it will go out (again, for no apparent reason). None of the F-keys seems to really have a reason for existing, yet I'm assuming they must have SOME function for SOMETHING!
Any ideas?
Old 01-10-2010, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Function keys on Control 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardancer View Post
Has anyone using a Control 24 ever figured out (and, subsequently, mapped) what the function keys actually do? Since upgrading to PT LE 8.XX I'll look over there every once in a while and see the F10 button lit up for no apparent reason. Pressing the button has no effect. Then, a few moments later, it will go out (again, for no apparent reason). None of the F-keys seems to really have a reason for existing, yet I'm assuming they must have SOME function for SOMETHING!
Any ideas?
Indeed! And its the main reason why I prefer the Control 24 over the C|24.

Automation control! Thank you Digi for making this work. As far as I know, these functions along with the keypad are missing from the C|24...

Disclaimer... Someone else posted this. I have found more functions, but didn't write them down. F10 seems to blink when the plug in that has focus is off of the fader bank you are on. If you press it while the plug in params are on the ch strip, it will return the ch strip display to the track names. It's a toggle. Other than that, the list seems right. except for F2 and F3 as I know they have done something cool, but it's been a while since I've played with em. When I have some time I'll post what they do.

--------------

The function buttons are not programmable but do nice things with automation features; here's what I found:

F1: should be home for banking according to the online C24 guide, but this doesn't seem to work (anymore? never used it myself)
F2: not implemented yet
F3: puts the C24 in INPUT mode, according to the channel bar display, but I don't see what it does to the session???
F4: Suspend Preview automation
F5: Auto Join
F6: Capture
F7: Capture Punch
F8: Preview
F9: Preview Punch
F10: should be "Return to controller focus" according to the online C24 guide, but this doesn't seem to work. I've always put my Focus and Target on the same plug-in for controlling things with the C24.... See my function def at top of post for F10 (GDH)

BTW, don't forget about using the modifier keys to access input mode for each ch, and that you can get to the second 5 slots of plugins by using the channel bar scroll.

Also, try using the modifier keys with the scroll wheel! It can do all kinds of zoom magic!

Cheers!
Old 04-30-2010, 12:57 PM

[

Also, try using the modifier keys with the scroll wheel! It can do all kinds of zoom magic!

Cheers![/QUOTE]

I have had this thing for years and no idea this scroll wheel and mod keys did this!!!!! super cool!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake doc View Post
[

Cheers!

I have had this thing for years and no idea this scroll wheel and mod keys did this!!!!! super cool!!!
Can anyone explain to me what this means?!

How to you use the scroll wheel and modifier keys for 'super cool' shortcuts :O

Can you use the desk to change what you're viewing in the edit window for a track with regards to pan. . .volume. . .waveform etc?
Old 12-16-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundburst View Post
Can anyone explain to me what this means?!

How to you use the scroll wheel and modifier keys for 'super cool' shortcuts :O
No short cuts at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundburst View Post
Can you use the desk to change what you're viewing in the edit window for a track with regards to pan. . .volume. . .waveform etc?
Resize the session in the edit window , wave form height. scroll up down as well as left right. Thats all I can do.