Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2009, 01:27 AM

Default HELP!!!!! NEED HELP ON pro tools le 7.3

okey i have a big problem. Im a new beginner with PRO TOOLS LE 7.3!! OKAE. MY PROBLEM IS I HAVE EVERYTHING SETUP THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE SET UP, BUT I DONT LIKE THE EFFECTS I HEAR FROM IT. SO I DECIDED TO GET VST PLUG-INS FROM OTHER COMPANIES. THE PROBLEM IS IVE TRIED TO RECORD A TRACK, BUT THEY VST PLUG-INS I HAVE WHICH IS AUTO TUNE ...THE PRO-TOOLS DOES NOT READ IT OR RECOGNIZE IT. SOO PLEASE, IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THIS...OR ANY ADVICE....LET ME KNOW...CUZ IM STUCK!!! AND I NEED HELP. THANK YOU.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:06 AM

Default Re: HELP!!!!! NEED HELP ON pro tools le 7.3

Hi, Pro Tools doesn't use the VST platform, it uses the RTAS platform for it's plug ins. You will need to purchase Auto Tune native instead of the VST one you have. Alternatively you can get what is known as a wrapper. There is a company called FXpansion who make a VST to RTAS wrapper which will let you use VST plug ins in Pro Tools. I don't know how this would affect performance but it would help you use your Auto Tune plug in until you can get an RTAS one.
S6 M10
SSL Duality, AWS924, AWS948, Nucleus
All Mac
Old 10-20-2009, 02:29 AM

Youngas75......

Okae....so i need to buy the rtas wrapper on expansion website? After that the auto tunes plug-in would work? And also i have only 1.23 gb ram on my computer...do u think its possible for it to work with this much space?
Old 10-20-2009, 02:35 AM

1.23 GB?? Are you sure? that is a wierd amount of RAM to have as it usally a multiples of 256, 512, 1GB, 2GB, and these should be paired equally.
The more RAM the better, and I believe that auto tune is rather system hungry.

A:)
Old 10-20-2009, 03:06 AM

So give me a good advice on how much ram would be good to start with.

Okay....so i look up my computer info..since u said it was a weird # of gb to have.......and seriously..it says.1.23 gb of ram.
System info: The physical memory says 304.64 mb and my virtual memory available is 2.00 gb..........so again...what is perfect to work with...for my music ......thanks again for the help!!
Old 10-20-2009, 03:16 AM

Pro-tools can use a max of 4 GB (so I've read many times over), however some people have 8GB even 16GB!!. What is your machine and OS? G4, G5, Intel, PPC, Laptop. All have various RAM housing options.

Sounds like you have one 1 GB chip and one 256MB, which in a G5 would not be the optimum configuration. Or you could have two 512's and one 256, which again is not ideal.

When you go to the apple menu what does it say there under "About This Mac"?

Old 10-20-2009, 04:35 AM

i have a window xp pc emachine.....and what i typed up earlier thats what its says about this comp.......dats how much gb of ram........so other than that im not too sure i guess i need more space rite?????
Old 10-20-2009, 05:05 AM

You're in the wrong part of the forum.

Go to the PC section.

This is the MAC section.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:59 AM

Hi, yes the wrapper would make your plug in work. If you're in doubt, have a check with FXpansion about compatibility but I'm almost sure it will be fine.
S6 M10
SSL Duality, AWS924, AWS948, Nucleus
All Mac
Old 10-21-2009, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngas75 View Post
Hi, yes the wrapper would make your plug in work. If you're in doubt, have a check with FXpansion about compatibility but I'm almost sure it will be fine.
Remember before buying the VST to RTAS adapter ("wrapper"), check to make sure you are getting the version compatible with PT LE 7.3. (The wrapper program has been mentioned to you in another post before)

You'll also have to make sure the VST version of Autotune is compatible with PT LE 7.3.

Finally, Pro Tools LE, to my knowledge, is actually only allowed to use 3GB of RAM, as set by Microsoft. I could be mistaken, but that's always been my understanding. Try getting at least 4GB of RAM, just to be safe. 1.23GB of RAM (weird...) is really small to be using Pro Tools on.

Last edited by Kryst; 10-21-2009 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Clarifying