Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2008, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Digi CoreAudio Manager and Leopard 10.5.5 unstable to say the least!

Could it be because you didn't use the 10.5.5 combo installer and just used the software update?
Old 11-24-2008, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Digi CoreAudio Manager and Leopard 10.5.5 unstable to say the least!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrummerJ View Post
Could it be because you didn't use the 10.5.5 combo installer and just used the software update?
Who knows...could be a lot of things.

My guess is that downgrading to 10.5.4 (as annoying as that would be) will probably help things out, so I might try that.

things were working fine during the day, but now when I open Reason 4.0:
ERROR: "Reason couldn't set up the control surfaces. For details, please open the Preference dalog, go to the controls surface page, and click the red X-symbol(s) in the surface list"

And when I open Pro Tools:
ERROR: "Pro Tools Hardware is either not installed or used by another program"

Hey, digidesign, I have a novel idea...just work! When I do an incrimental Mac OS upgrade, all of my other peripherals work. I mean, I understand there being a few bugs now and then, but a small .0.1 upgrade shouldn't render a firwire peripheral useless!

Whatever, I'll hop along one one foot, and when it works I'll make music, and when it doesn't I'll continue to bang my head against the wall.

ahh...a little ranting makes me feel better
Old 11-24-2008, 05:48 PM

Try moving all of the Propellerhead plugins to the unused plugins folder. I don't used them myself, but I've read quite a few things about people needing to go and get the latest updates for Reason and Rewire or Pro Tools crashes.

J
Old 11-25-2008, 09:00 AM
Avid

Quote:
Hey, digidesign, I have a novel idea...just work! When I do an incrimental Mac OS upgrade, all of my other peripherals work. I mean, I understand there being a few bugs now and then, but a small .0.1 upgrade shouldn't render a firwire peripheral useless!
It shouldn't and there's nothing about an incremental update that should have caused this problem, other than a faulty install.

Also, there is no indication that 10.5.4 is any more stable than 10.5.5. Most likely either you have a corrupted installer or the installer failed in some way - corrupting a component, perhaps.

If I were you, I would do a clean uninstall of Pro Tools 7.4.2, restart, download and reinstall the 10.5.5 Combo Updater from the Apple website, then restart and reinstall 7.4.2. That hopefully will take care of the problem.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:40 PM

Hi All,

I am having the same problems and more since updating (via autoupdate) to 10.5.5. I find that although Reason puts up the message about control surfaces you can click though it and run Reason with no problems. In relation to running protools and being told the Hardware is in use - this may seem obvious but have you checked that there is no other application running that uses audio? I have found that iChat and Skype will grab the 002 for their use even if the core audio application has not been run (and sometimes they just sit in the background). Once I close them it works ok.

My major problem that everyone is experiencing is with iTunes - It just wont work through the 002 regardless of the convincing I have given it - I have been forced to run a line out of the mac and into the 002 on the ALT SRC input ( Bit of a pain but solves the problem until Digidesign get around to fixing it).

If anyone has a workaround that is a little more eloquent please let me know.

Regards,

cm