Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2008, 11:20 AM

Default Flashing Green Light

Hello,

I am new to this forum and am hoping that someone might be able to help me with this. I searched through the archives and didn't see any similar problems, so I apologize if this is a repeat question.

System Info:

iMac w/ Leopard 10.5.3
Mbox2 Pro
Pro Tools 7.4.2 (Beta version for Leopard)

Problem:

The green power light is flashing, and when I go to start PT it comes up with a message saying, "Unable to locate Digidesign hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on. Click "OK" when the hardware is ready."

I realize that the flashing green light probably means that the box is not connected. I have experimented with a different Firewire cable and know that is not the problem. The unit functions properly on my Mac Pro, but I am hoping not to have to haul that thing to the concert I am recording tonight.

Any other ideas as to why the unit would not be connecting properly to the computer? Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Flashing Green Light

It might not be supplying enough power to the mbox pro.
Have you tried using the power supply that came with it?
It happened to my G5 as well and using the power supply kept the green light from flashing and worked out fine.
Hope that helps.
PT 8 cs2 OSX 10.5.8
Mbox 2 Pro, Mini, Micro
Old 06-10-2008, 01:38 PM

Thanks for the help. I have tried that with no luck. If I don't have the external power source plugged in, it flashes gold, and if I do have it plugged in, it flashes green, either way I think it means it's not playing nice with the computer. Thanks anyway!
Old 06-10-2008, 04:10 PM

I know that if you're using the mBox2pro over powered firewire, digi says you shouldnt use the external power supply.

http://overtheeffect.bandcamp.com
Old 06-10-2008, 04:31 PM

my mbox to has no problems when running with the external adaptor, it just isn't drawing power from the computer

as for the flashing green/orange - that means the driver for the device hasn't been loaded - reinstall protools, it should work after that
Old 06-10-2008, 08:18 PM

I appreciate your suggestions. I forgot to mention before that I have reinstalled PT with no luck. I'm actually having other problems with it on my Mac Pro now, so I'm wondering if there is a problem with the hardware. Thanks for all your help, and I'll look into it some more. I ended up having to use my old Boss BR-1180 to record a concert at my church tonight. I think it worked ok, but it would be much nicer to edit it in PT.