Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2008, 07:50 AM

Default Digi 003 problems (newbie)

Hey everyone, new here as well as new to the digi 003. I've just upgraded my studio from an m-audio firewire 410 to a new Digi 003. I'm running a Dell Precision workstation 690 with 4gb of ram and windows xp pro. The DAWs that I'm using are Cubase 4, Protools LE 7.3 (obviously), and FL Studio 7. First off, the 003 sounds fantastic! It's really a night and day difference in comparison to my previous interface. However, I'm having the hardest time with connecting my synthesizers to the unit as well as getting the MIDI map mode to work. I have an Access Virus, Prophet 8, and soon will have a blofeld; all of which have L,R outputs that I need to have connected somewhere on my Digi 003. It feels like I've tried everything - nothing seems to work. At one point I was able to record my sound coming from one of my synths but wasn't able to hear it while I was playing - no input monitoring? I also have been trying to get the MIDI Map A & B buttons to work and yes, I have the latest firmware upgrade on my 003 as well as the patch that is supposed to make them work. Those buttons just seem dead to me. When I hit them, the unit just continues to say "003 Offline." I don't even see it attempt to turn it on or send a learn signal. Additionally, I ended up running utility mode to test the midi outs - both of them came up as "Failed." If anyone would be able to help me out or provide information that would be of assistance, it would greatly appreciated.

E-mail: [email protected]
Old 01-09-2008, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Digi 003 problems (newbie)

As to your input problem, have you enabled all the analog inputs in the I/O setup page? Once you do that, you should ba able to leave the keyboards patched into several of the line inputs(patch the ones with the hottest outputs into 5-8 as those channels do not have a gain knob, but only have a -10/+4 switch per pair of inputs. Line ins 1-4 are controlled by gain knobs 1-4 but you do need to select the quarter inch inputs with the MIC/DI switches. I haven't tried the midi control feature but wonder if maybe protools needs to NOT be open for it to work? Anyway, as for attaching multiple midi devices, you will need to figure out how best to deal with the single in and pair of outputs. I use a merge box to merge the midi FROM 2 devices(Motif es8 and Roland TD10) and send a single midi out to each device. With more stuff, you may need to consider some kind of midi patchbay or switcher. Maybe break your system down to a single midi device and experiment that way. If you get that to work, then add devices and see what happens and if you can work around whatever pops up.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-09-2008, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Digi 003 problems (newbie)

Quote:
Hey everyone, new here as well as new to the digi 003. I've just upgraded my studio from an m-audio firewire 410 to a new Digi 003. I'm running a Dell Precision workstation 690 with 4gb of ram and windows xp pro. The DAWs that I'm using are Cubase 4, Protools LE 7.3 (obviously), and FL Studio 7. First off, the 003 sounds fantastic! It's really a night and day difference in comparison to my previous interface. However, I'm having the hardest time with connecting my synthesizers to the unit as well as getting the MIDI map mode to work. I have an Access Virus, Prophet 8, and soon will have a blofeld; all of which have L,R outputs that I need to have connected somewhere on my Digi 003. It feels like I've tried everything - nothing seems to work. At one point I was able to record my sound coming from one of my synths but wasn't able to hear it while I was playing - no input monitoring? I also have been trying to get the MIDI Map A & B buttons to work and yes, I have the latest firmware upgrade on my 003 as well as the patch that is supposed to make them work. Those buttons just seem dead to me. When I hit them, the unit just continues to say "003 Offline." I don't even see it attempt to turn it on or send a learn signal. Additionally, I ended up running utility mode to test the midi outs - both of them came up as "Failed." If anyone would be able to help me out or provide information that would be of assistance, it would greatly appreciated.

E-mail: [email protected]
i just got a 003 myself and my inputs 3-4 have click sounds every 30-45 seconds have u encountered this problem??? please let me know